Just thinking

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 28th September 2017, 20:26

Just thinking

Now, call me inexperienced or naïve or whatever, but I was thinking about Ru. Never played him, but have always been interested.

It occurred to me that Octopodes are already banned from most of what Ru would want sacrificed, which might make things interesting. If you're a transmuter, most forms don't carry over your gear anyway except jewelry.

So, would this mean that you could sacrifice, say, armor for Ru? Or because you can't wear armor (except a hat) would it not be considered a sacrifice?

If you sacrifice an "arm", would this one of your other tentacles compensate?

I mean, call me silly, but some of that seems logical.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 28th September 2017, 21:40

Re: Just thinking

Have you played any Octos of Ru? You can sac an arm, same as any other species.

You are not even offered saccing armour, since you cant train that skill, same as drac.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 29th September 2017, 15:33

Pretty sure that if you sac an arm as an octopode, you cant use 2handers even though you have seven arms.

Because reasons.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 29th September 2017, 16:49

crawlnoob wrote:Pretty sure that if you sac an arm as an octopode, you cant use 2handers even though you have seven arms.

Because reasons.

Because octopodes need 2 arms to wield a 1-handed weapon or shield, or 4 arms to wield a 2-handed weapon. Tentacles don't have opposable thumbs.
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner