New species, skeleton

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 17th September 2017, 01:22

New species, skeleton

It is just about that time of year again, and DCSS is still missing the spookiest species of all. I know there have been similar proposals in the past but let me tell you that this time is going to be different. Not only do I have 1 (one) year of experience in game design development but I also have read 1 (one) blog post about said subject. Now I am bringing that expertise to you for a skeleton species proposal that is cool, radical, awesome, spooky, scary, and totally not lame.

Skeletons are spooky undead that came back from the grave but without any flesh. While most skeletons are dumb a few of them are smart for some reason and the latter kind (smart ones) like to do cool adventures. They are kind of frail and only so-so at most things but can spook the heck out of unsuspecting enemies.

-10% Hp
Average Mp
0 Exp apt (tied with VS, Gr, and a bunch of other stuff in case you care about the deep gameplay mechanics)
Starting stats: Str 9, Int 6, Dex 7
Undead, with the appropriate resistances.

Fighting -1
All weapon apts 0
Armour -1
Dodging -1
Shields +1
Spellcasting -1
All magic apts -1
Stealth +2
Invocations -2
Evocations -2

Sounds pretty lame right, well here are the cool as heck original design features that really bring this one to the house and give it a 4.9% APR.
  • When you stab an enemy you yell "boo!" and spook the heck out if it. This is as loud as shouting but it also paralyzes the stabbed enemy with fear for a brief time so you can stab it some more (it won't trigger again on a monster that is already paralyzed with fear). At level 12 you get the second tier of this mutation, which can make other enemies in your los afraid of you when you do this tactical action.
  • You are immune, like totally immune, to the flay and fear statuses.
  • Killing an enemy with a skeleton gives you a little bit of AC and SH for a short time as you take one of their bones and attach it to yourself. It's like Cigotuvi's embrace but passive and not irredeemably useless.
  • You can cast lichform to become a double skeleton.

Thankyou dev team for your consideration, please let me know if you need assistance with the implementation of the soon-to-be-number-one pick rate species.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 5
duvessa, Implojin, nago, NhorianScum, tankra

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 17th September 2017, 01:35

Re: New species, skeleton

Do skeletons have IBS and listen to Dishwalla?
*Lana Del Rey voice* , video games...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 17th September 2017, 10:14

Their Str and Int should be 0 because they don't have any muscles or brains :)
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 18th September 2017, 08:08

But the bones are very nimble...

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner