Moar Visual Information

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 9th September 2017, 10:47

Moar Visual Information

This is something which is occasionally seen in discussion. It would be nice if the game displayed more information visually. Stuff like weapon brand, or type of armour. I personally am quite lazy, and often do not search the text for this kind of information.

There's probably more that could be done. A mouseover that shows spell ranges for an enemy, for example: it would be complicated for wizards, but e.g. dragon bolts probably have limited range (I never checked it out). Range can be shown as a square (or different squares) around the monster.

Maybe it would take larger tiles and more detail (because there are a lot of different brands). But, maybe, the little brand icon you see on weapons in inventory could be superposed to the monster tile.

Seeing damage inflicted and damage suffered on the map would also be cool. Like, little numbers.

Maybe monster tiles could keep the current dimension and just floor tiles could become larger, so that there would be room to add numbers and icons around the monster.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 10th September 2017, 00:34

Re: Moar Visual Information

Also, the player could be visually informed about wands carried by monsters, too.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner