Turn Clubs Into Staves

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 9th August 2017, 21:58

Turn Clubs Into Staves

Staves, not quarterstaffs: those crappy staves that are the base item for magic staves, and once existed as item because they were the starting weapon for priests (I think, it's a very blurry memory).

The effect would be giving mages and other interested a way to pump up their staves skill before they find a good stave. You will almost surely find a m&f between D:1 and D:2 anyway.

If this would substitute clubs with too strong a weapon (staves have better aim and are faster), then clubs could be renamed to sticks and moved into staves.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
Majang

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 10th August 2017, 15:56

Re: Turn Clubs Into Staves

Shtopit wrote:a way to pump up their staves skill before they find a good stave.
Why would you ever want to do that?
Better to spend that xp on something that keeps you alive right now, and train staves if you actually manage to find a good staff.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 10th August 2017, 16:10

Re: Turn Clubs Into Staves

I'm a fan of Hellcrawl's solution of merging Staves and M&F into one composite skill.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner