Ranged idea

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 7th July 2017, 00:05

Ranged idea

Not fully mine, I'm sure someone else suggested it already.

Instead of having to manually change between launcher and melee weapon, let a character equip both at the same time. If you use the arrow keys you hit with your sword, if you use f you shoot an arrow.

You can only equip a two-handed launcher if you aren't wearing a shield.

All thrown items are removed, with the exception of large stones and needles.

Large stones use the same skill as slings, but are thrown without a launcher. They inflict heavier damage if you have no shield equipped.

Tab uses the last used attack method, with the ability to personalize it to just melee or launch.

Needles should be turned into darts and be thrown directly from the inventory, like wands. Their efficacy should depend on dex, slay, inaccuracy, and EV penalties, instead of any skill. Maybe add a shortcut to last wand/needle (p?)
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 7th July 2017, 06:21

Re: Ranged idea

Shtopit wrote:Not fully mine, I'm sure someone else suggested it already.

Instead of having to manually change between launcher and melee weapon, let a character equip both at the same time. If you use the arrow keys you hit with your sword, if you use f you shoot an arrow.

That would remove the delay from switching, which I find meaningful as a factor in deciding what to attack with. Don't like.

You can only equip a two-handed launcher if you aren't wearing a shield.

That's the current status quo.

All thrown items are removed, with the exception of large stones and needles.

Large stones use the same skill as slings, but are thrown without a launcher. They inflict heavier damage if you have no shield equipped.
Needles should be turned into darts and be thrown directly from the inventory, like wands. Their efficacy should depend on dex, slay, inaccuracy, and EV penalties, instead of any skill. Maybe add a shortcut to last wand/needle (p?)

So you want to remove the throwing skill. That would be a boost to assassins, and for that I'd like it. Right now they suffer from having to learn too many skills from the outset. But at the same time it would be bad on other throwing characters, such as trolls or ogres, who are usually not exactly dextrous.
Maɟaŋ

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner