Hey guys, Tapatalk sucks

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 17:46

Hey guys, Tapatalk sucks

I'm a lonely old Laotian woman, and all I want to do is lurk and thank. I just want to read posts and watch the tiny tavern dramas unfold like a beautiful fractal of wonder over things such as:

-paralysis
-airstrike
-food
-remove
-elves
-necromutation
-vehumet

And occasionally chime in, maybe, from time to time. Like .03 posts per day or something. Also it's a convenient outlet to read about other people's dreams.

But Tapatalk is the fly in the ointment.

I won, so luckily, praise laotian jesus, a beautiful SM-N920T to use Tapatalk on, and also wifi connectivity to my whole village, somehow, in like, a nationwide raffle? I think they have those in Laos. With amazing rewards like that. So naturally I think to myself, surely using the PREMIERE forum app for Android is the best choice? And yet

How wrong I was.

For you see, the juciest of forum discussions are largely closed to me, because Tapatalk tells me I am banned from the forums when I click on a topic that someone who has been banned from the forums has posted in. When this happens, I am completely unable to read the posts.

Sometimes, it is specific pages of a topic that are closed, others the entire topic. These topics are often goddamn goldmines.

Expected counterpoints:

1. But zip, the people running this forum have nothing to do with tapatalk?
Rebuttal: shut the hell up

2. Just look at the forums in your phone browser!
Rebuttal: what is this. The dark ages?

3. -rolls eyes- first world problens
Rebuttal: I already told you and in other posts too, check my history, I'm from goddamn LAOS and I'm 34 years old

4. There's no way you're Laotian, and the people from Laos refer to themselves as the Lao people

Airtight case made, I expect only the finest of rerebuttbuttals.

(I've been lurking and thanking for years and I love this place. Keep being tavern, tavern)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
luckless

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 18:26

Re: Hey guys, Tapatalk sucks

ZipZipskins wrote:I'm a lonely old Laotian woman, and all I want to do is lurk and thank. I just want to read posts and watch the tiny tavern dramas unfold like a beautiful fractal of wonder over things such as:

-paralysis
-airstrike
-food
-remove
-elves
-necromutation
-vehumet

And occasionally chime in, maybe, from time to time. Like .03 posts per day or something. Also it's a convenient outlet to read about other people's dreams.

But Tapatalk is the fly in the ointment.

I won, so luckily, praise laotian jesus, a beautiful SM-N920T to use Tapatalk on, and also wifi connectivity to my whole village, somehow, in like, a nationwide raffle? I think they have those in Laos. With amazing rewards like that. So naturally I think to myself, surely using the PREMIERE forum app for Android is the best choice? And yet

How wrong I was.

For you see, the juciest of forum discussions are largely closed to me, because Tapatalk tells me I am banned from the forums when I click on a topic that someone who has been banned from the forums has posted in. When this happens, I am completely unable to read the posts.

Sometimes, it is specific pages of a topic that are closed, others the entire topic. These topics are often goddamn goldmines.

Expected counterpoints:

1. But zip, the people running this forum have nothing to do with tapatalk?

2. Just look at the forums in your phone browser!
Rebuttal: what is this. The dark ages?

3. -rolls eyes- first world problens
Rebuttal: I already told you and in other posts too, check my history, I'm from goddamn LAOS and I'm 34 years old

4. There's no way you're Laotian, and the people from Laos refer to themselves as the Lao people

Airtight case made, I expect only the finest of rerebuttbuttals.

(I've been lurking and thanking for years and I love this place. Keep being tavern, tavern)

Yeah, it is a bug in tapatalk, and possibly its relationship to this particular old crufty forum software.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 18:27

so afaict there are four possibilities:

(1) you also have a regular computer
(2) you don't have a regular computer, and only play Crawl on your Android smartphone
(3) you don't actually play Crawl at all
(4) you're lying

BUT:

--) if (1): either you can just use your computer, or you are some kind of mad person who needs to look at the forums all the time. in the first case, why are you even posting this?? in the second, clearly you are a horrible person and your needs and desires are irrelevant.

--) if (2): so, I've never tried playing Crawl on a touchscreen device myself but I imagine the UI is super annoying, which means you must have a very high tolerance for super annoying UI. if you are complaining about having to look at the forums on your phone browser despite having a very high tolerance for super annoying UI, then clearly you are a horrible person and your needs and desires are irrelevant.

--) if (3): admittedly I can sort of relate, since I haven't played Crawl in months but still post on the forums regularly (it's like a nicotine patch). still, if you desire to participate on the forums of a game you don't even play even to the extent of lurking and thanking, then clearly you are a horrible person and your needs and desires are irrelevant.

--) if (4): clearly, you are a horrible person and your needs and desires are irrelevant.
Last edited by luckless on Thursday, 15th June 2017, 18:41, edited 3 times in total.

For this message the author luckless has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 18:30

It is also possible that the op has a computer with no internet on which they can play crawl (presumably by downloading it elsewhere and copying it) and only has internet access on the phone.

Not highly likely but possible.

Fwiw i mostly read the forums on the phone, but find it highly annoying when i need to go over to the computer to look at something breaking me out of what i was doing.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

ZipZipskins

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 18:56

Tapatalk sucks amazingly, and I don't have much more to add. It's also meant to be used as a hub for different forums, which is useless when you want to visit just one.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 19:02

I think you're missing 5) I like to look at the forums on my lunch break at work and when waiting in line for things when I don't have access to my computer and 6) I'm fucking around

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 19:14

ZipZipskins wrote:I think you're missing 5) I like to look at the forums on my lunch break at work and when waiting in line for things when I don't have access to my computer and 6) I'm fucking around

same conclusion my friend

For this message the author luckless has received thanks: 2
Factorialite, ZipZipskins

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 20:01

ZipZipskins wrote:I'm a lonely old Laotian woman
and I'm 34 years old

I'm 34 too and screw you for calling me old :P

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 20:21

tasonir wrote:
ZipZipskins wrote:I'm a lonely old Laotian woman
and I'm 34 years old

I'm 34 too and screw you for calling me old :P

In my country my life is already more than half over my friend.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 20:40

So that just makes you middle aged, then! Not old! You've got to look on the bright side of life, my friend! If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten! Or put another way, you came from nothing, so when you return to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECUtkv2qV8

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 22:46

my friend

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 23:51

OH NO it was actually 0.51 posts per day, but I'm sure it's gone up. I vastly underestimated how many posts I make a day. I'm so sorry for misleading you all.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 01:50

Just wait until you have such a long backlog of posts that you can't really move your daily post count significantly anymore. I'm around 2.3 a day, forever. Kind of like the winrate on my account, which actually has been very slowly creeping up, but only from around 1 to around 2.4%. I'm currently at exactly 3600 games, because I like to zerg the dungeon over and over.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 06:35

Actually I think I have the reverse problem, which is that I have such a long backlog of no posts that I can't budge my post count.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 06:45

It is inconsistent for me, I got the "banned" message a couple of time for one specific thread, then it worked when I tried it thrid time. Just be insistent I guess :)

It got me thinking, is "inconsistent" related to "insistent" in English? :)
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 16:36

Almost always I think that if the app tries to load a page that maybe starts? ends? has somewhere in the middle? with a post by a banned person, I get the message.

I don't think they are related, but it seems like they ought to be

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 18:14

ZipZipskins wrote:Almost always I think that if the app tries to load a page that maybe starts? ends? has somewhere in the middle? with a post by a banned person, I get the message.

I don't think they are related, but it seems like they ought to be

I had guessed at one point it happened when the last *unread* post was by someone who was banned, but i gave up trying to figure out why and when it happens

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 18:23

What is this whole banned shit? How can banned people write to the forum at all?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 18:33

Magipi wrote:What is this whole banned shit? How can banned people write to the forum at all?

They write things before they get banned....

ZipZipskins

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 23:14

yeah like for example USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 19th June 2017, 17:39

It's pretty hard to get banned from this forum without writing on this forum.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th June 2017, 23:40

Sounds like a challenge!

For this message the author Rast has received thanks: 2
luckless, prozacelf

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 20th June 2017, 21:05

It'd be good if tapatalk support would be removed from the forums so that 1. I don't have to see annoying popup advertisements for tapatalk, and 2. No one else is conned into giving them money. They should be paying the forums staff for the free advertising, if they aren't, cut them loose.

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks: 2
Shtopit, ZipZipskins

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner