Trunk OOD Vault feedback

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 31st May 2017, 18:56

Trunk OOD Vault feedback

In new trunk there are a couple of absolutely ridicoulous OOD monster vaults. Like, no-runed-door multiple storm dragons and frost/fire giants on D:12 and such. They seem rather much too hard and could use some form of warning.

In another one the vault on D:10 is clearly recognizable by being huge and made of green crystal. Still, autotravel will just run you directly in front of a yaktaur captain - much too close to a death sentence for many pre-lair characters.

Please tone done the craziness a bit!

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 31st May 2017, 20:49

Re: Trunk OOD Vault feedback

Can you identify the names of vaults you're talking about? If you don't know how to do this, post a screenshot of the vault.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 31st May 2017, 21:33

Speaking of which, I don't know the name of the vaults, but there's a couple new "trap" room vaults which have transparent walls on one side as a window to let you see into the trap. This is clever and an overall wonderful vault design, but the door isn't runed, so autoexplore will walk you right into the door. These vaults should have runed doors to prevent autoexplore from walking you into them.

The one I've seen the most is a few electric eels in pools of water across from the door, so you have to go through the firing range to get the loot in the middle of the room, unless you have a max range attack.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 1st June 2017, 11:03

chequers wrote:Can you identify the names of vaults you're talking about? If you don't know how to do this, post a screenshot of the vault.

In 0.19:

6 rooms separated by doors. These 6 rooms have this pattern (undigable walls):
xxx
xxx

The doors are not runed. The rooms to the left and right have something like orc packs.
Both rooms in the middle have storm dragon, stone giant, etc. which is OOD at D10/D12

I've encountered it twice.
First time I entered 1 room and everybody in the middle woke up.
Second time a jelly had already eaten these doors and all of the OOD-monster were running around.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 1st June 2017, 18:02

Can you identify the names of vaults you're talking about? If you don't know how to do this, post a screenshot of the vault.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 2nd June 2017, 09:57

I have long since played on, no way to take a screenshot. Is there a way to retrieve older morgues from an online account? Will be glad to check for the vaults names.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 2nd June 2017, 11:59

Next time you see a vault that has issues please take a screenshot. A description isn't 100% sure to identify a vault.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner