CAO seems to be having trouble with tournament traffic

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th May 2017, 22:43

CAO seems to be having trouble with tournament traffic

I realize it's hard to deal with a sudden swarm of all us tournament people, but could the server admins check it out and try to get it up?

And then can everyone else stop playing on it? It's clearly my server, and stop making my game laggy. Thanks!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 27th May 2017, 01:11

Re: CAO seems to be having trouble with tournament traffic

tasonir wrote:I realize it's hard to deal with a sudden swarm of all us tournament people, but could the server admins check it out and try to get it up?
dude, phrasing

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 27th May 2017, 01:46

Are we still doing that? Are we still doing phrasing? I feel like if we're still doing phrasing, someone should have told me.

CAO seems to be doing better now, in any case. Some lag during the tournament isn't exactly surprising, back to killing monsters...

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 27th May 2017, 12:31

The problem wasn't with the usual tournament load, it's because we had people trying to recursively download the entire /rawdata (morgues + ttyrecs) directory, about 512 GB, with no rate limiting, ignoring robots.txt. After blocking the IP address that did this two days ago (which turned out to be a Tor exit point), it happened again from another IP (also Tor). We blocked all published Tor exit points, but it happened again yesterday from yet another IP. Finally we disabled directory listings under /rawdata. Unfortunately that means you can't see a list of your morgues, but so it goes.

For this message the author neil has received thanks: 4
dpeg, stoneychips, tasonir, Ultraviolent4

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner