New monster ideas

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 22nd April 2017, 22:19

New monster ideas

Recently I got swamp in one of my games, and as I was auto traveling around the dungeon checking runed morning stars and glowing dire flails i had a lot of time to think. So I thought of some new monsters, to hopefully fill out an underutilized mechanic.

Now, obviously the flavor is hastily created and subject to change, but the game play mechanics are tried and tested!

Bouncy Elephants:
  Code:
Bouncy Elephant (D) | Spd: 10| HD: 13 | HP: 60-83 | AC/EV: 0/5 | Dam: 18 per trunk |regen | Res: magic(60), poison, drown | Chunks: noxious | XP: 975 | Sz: Big | Int: animal.

Basically a wizard enchanted them to have bouncy rubbery skin so if you hit them with a bludgeoning weapon it just bounces off and a new trunk gets squeezed out from the blow. Better use a bladed weapon to cut through the rubbery skin! But if your mace is freezing it doesnt do that.

Nasty Yaks:
  Code:
Nasty Yak (D) | Spd: 10| HD: 13 | HP: 60-83 | AC/EV: 0/5 | Dam: 18 per matted hair tentacle | regen | Res: magic(60), poison, drown | Chunks: noxious | XP: 975 | Sz: Big | Int: animal.

These yaks are so gross that thier hair has matted up and become prehensile. If you hit them with a polearm, the hair wraps around it and gets even more matted, unless the polearm is vorpal branded. Better hit them with staves or short blades to give them a haircut!

For this message the author mibe420 has received thanks: 3
duvessa, Hellmonk, Shard1697

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 24th April 2017, 23:28

Re: New monster ideas

I frequently worry too much about finding a flaming weapon that I'll often avoid using bladed weapons on my characters in general. These monsters are excellent ideas and should go in immediately so that everyone will be forced to play unarmed like I do, every game.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner