resolution problem only with 0.19

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 21:57

resolution problem only with 0.19

in every other version of the game, dcss will run at full screen with my laptop's native resolution and I love it, but the 0.19 versions of the game don't. they run at some crumby res far below my display.. I'm very new to the game and I'm not very familiar with all of the options files that may be potentially at my disposal so if anyone could help me out id love it. I'm just trying to get 0.19.5 to change it's resolution.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 17:11

Re: resolution problem only with 0.19

If you think this is a bug, feel free to submit a bug report here: https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

It would also be helpful if you let us know what OS you use

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 20:41

Re: resolution problem only with 0.19

Yeah, more information would be needed to diagnose this (OS, maybe graphics card). On OS X, you can enter and exit full screen mode via an option in the view menu, and in windowed mode you can adjust the window size in the usual way; I've double-checked that this all works fine with 0.19.5 tiles. Adjusting size shouldn't change the resolution, but simply display more of the map. It starts in windowed mode by default. I'm not really a windows person so I don't know what the expected behavior is there, but I would think something parallel should happen on all counts, especially if this is what happened in previous versions.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner