Post Monday, 27th February 2017, 17:23

Making Barachians distinct

Barachian's in this awkward place where their shared mechanic distinguishes them from the main races because only two others have it (amphibious) while it's unique mechanic directly conflicts with its primary drawback (slow movement) and is mostly used to make the staircase closer. I suggest putting emphasis on their strong legs and giving them unique mechanics while altering existing ones.

Giving them immunity to being pushed back from their space (think trample and Force Lance, not tornado or wind) would allow them to have a positioning advantage in some choke points while having a unique interaction with a moderately dangerous monster ability. I'd also suggest giving them an auxiliary kick as opposed to a punch, which would allow them their offhand strike with a shield. This would be shared with Octopode, though different in that it activates at maximum 33% of the time rather than Octopode's 50%. It would interact with talons or hooves as fists interact with claws, though it'd otherwise be similar to everyone else.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

For this message the author Elitist has received thanks:
LostInTranslocation