New species proposal: Ethreal

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 18th January 2017, 21:24

New species proposal: Ethreal

Ethreal are a bizarre race of psionic beings who hail from a semi-real parallel dimension that is intertwined with ours. They can freely enter our world, but they live in a permanent state of instability while in our reality.
Have they come to find the orb in order to stabilize the connection between both worlds? And if yes, to what end? Invaders... or saviours? You decide!

XP: +1
HP: -4
MP: +2
MR +6/level

Base stats: 7/7/7 (Jackpot!)

Apts: -1 invocations, +3 stealth, -1 spellcasting, +1 conjurations, +2 dodging, -3 necromancy, +1 Hexes, +3 translocations, -2 armour, 0 in everything else.

Intrinsics: Teleportitis 1, placid magic.

Racial abilties:

Posess: touch-range enslave that hits 100%. Target must not be nonliving or firewood. Cost: Heavily XP gated ability. Think adrenaline rush.
Flicker: Short duration invis. Cost: Exh. Think sky beasts.
Essence Shift: Toggle ability. Converts your placid magic into wild magic while it's on. As a consequence, one of them is always active. Cost: None.
Phase out: Gain the "Phase out" status for a duration. Any one instance non-poison damage you take while Phase out is active will be negated and lift the Phase out status. Cost: Exh to activate, heavy draining if it triggers.

---

Now I just have to lean back and enjoy the fireworks.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 18th January 2017, 22:36

Re: New species proposal: Ethreal

HONESTLY with Frogs being implemented, I'd like to see a race with a mess of actives that're powerful and reliable.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 19th January 2017, 00:03

It's... it's too gimmicky!

*runs away screaming*
make food great again

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 19th January 2017, 08:10

are you down for a yiff or not

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner