Please add more Slime:5, Tomb:3 ending vaults

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 11:56

Please add more Slime:5, Tomb:3 ending vaults

to make game more fun
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

For this message the author papilio has received thanks:
TrumpTrain

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 15:48

Re: Please add more Slime:5, Tomb:3 ending vaults

Snake vault ft vashnia is already way meaner than both of those.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 15:55

wat
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
Sar

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 17:44

Slime is legit my firstrune of preference on rangedudes or anything with excessively high power lrd+brilliance. Ez dive ez life, immo+haste cheeses out trj supprisingly easily.

Tombs is rather smooth and simple with the recent noise change as a second or 3rd rune. Depending on god/combo/floorgod it's sometimes preferable to sbranches (though it's utter hell on some combo's). Still if it's a kikudude/statformer or Rn+++ drops I'll take it over snake any day of the week.

Snake just kills you sometimes and you just go. "Well played fucker". It's rare for some combo's (any naga for example) and resists/-tele mitigate the risk along with overall good play, but I've had a statform large shield ogre evaporate in 2 turns in snake 4 with no realistic counterplay outside of "never take a step in snake 4". It takes horrifyingly bad rolls to make that happen and ypur average snake feels about on-par with shoals but I've come to respect that low% chance and avoid snake like the plauge on any dude with less than neutal hp apts.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 18:39

So you do slime then tomb?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 19:06

Sometimes, yes. If something obnoxious like snake+shoals shows up on a dude capable of early slime the route might look like slime>exp in vaults>abyss or shoals or (rarely) snake/tomb> open 3rd rune. Depends entirely on drops since most 3 rune viable branches can be cheesed out without risking snake 4 damage spikes.

I do follow the standard route or some variation of the standard in most games. Early slime just shows up more often and snake shows up on no fraildudes ever and pops up as often as tomb on averagebulk dudes.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 01:39

I don't see how you could fix Tomb or Slime:5 by adding more vaults. It's not going to make them less static or predictable, you just have 1 of 4 (or however many) static and predictable levels instead of 1 - they're still static and predictable and the only additional challenge you impose is on unspoiled players. Tomb already got subvaulted and that did pretty much nothing.
Zot:5 and especially Vaults:5 mostly get around this by having reasonable monster sets and terrain that lends itself to varied strategies. Well, relatively, since they are still vaults. Tomb and Slime:5 have neither of these. No quantity of vaults is going to fix TRJ as a monster.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Implojin

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 01:49

It might be just me, but how come TRJ is the most cheeseable enemy in the game yet is the most interesting to fight? I think slime is fine as it is.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks: 3
NhorianScum, pedritolo, Rast

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 05:06

re: TRJ, I think it would be fine to fix the spawn-prevention cheese. You still have scroll of immo which is fun as hell, scroll of vuln + wand of paralysis, magic mirror, spam evocable summons, or haste up and spam attack wands.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner