remove bat's

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 05:07

remove bat's

Lets make crawl a tab friendly game, one where we don't have to mash as hard.
Spoiler: show
hi

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 06:17

Re: remove bat's

i agree with the dev`s on this one
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 06:45

I dunno, I feel like there's a whole lot of tabbing already.

Also so much stuff is being removed, I'm starting to feel/sound at least a touch more like space invaders. Variety is plummeting and simple shooter similarity is rising. Yes, how much is desirable is debatable but I have to say the more removals at once, the more dramatic it feels.

If bats disappear, then there won't be an early preview of how phantoms and unseen horrors move.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 17:50

stoneychips wrote:If bats disappear, then there won't be an early preview of how phantoms and unseen horrors move.

Indeed, blinking and batty monsters should be removed, save perhaps for the ones that act that way for a good reason (annihilators and such), and those should be a rare exception.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 21:34

Indeed, blinking and batty monsters should be removed, save perhaps for the ones that act that way for a good reason (annihilators and such), and those should be a rare exception.

I've gotten "annihilated" by Unseen Horrors a good few times... Don't those count? I thought their reason was to make the game more of a puzzle... Like everything else you can't obviously tab through, really. I see it in pretty much the same boat as resistances (or failing that, Scroll of Fog/Corona): "Do you happen to have picked up the 'right stuff for this' yet, or are you going to get lucky/creative today?"

My only complaint about the sort of jigsaw puzzle inventory problem overall is 1) some items' resistances are incredibly vital, like rF and rC for me at least and 2) inventory gets slightly boring with the same slots for everyone and not quite enough for all the stuff I sometimes want to play with.

I'm not a particular fan of removing things just to avoid a few steps of footwork, though. (Granted frequent stuff like kiting/polearms might use some handy keybinds I'm not aware of, but anyway.) Possible consolation: It's not generally all that much harder to drag invisible stuff into corridors than well, anything else substantial really.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 01:42

Meh, you guys are definitely right. We can't remove it because bats are a preview of other monsters that blink. and if we remove those god knows what else we have to do to re balance the game.

True you can just drag the invisible enemies to the corridors.
Spoiler: show
hi

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 19:36

You can drag the bats into corridors too
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner