Don't Insult People You Disagree With

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 21st December 2016, 14:46

Don't Insult People You Disagree With

Tavern dudes,

I don't know what happened to the forum rules. Does anyone remember when they disappeared? Because I checked the mod logs, and I can't even tell if we deleted them.

The point here is that the rules used to say that we don't allow people to insult or harass one another, and that rule still super applies. It applies even when you're very upset over a Crawl change. It turns out that an open source project is not helped in any way by shouting at or insulting people, and we don't let people do that here. We welcome robust debate and even some light dunking, but please remember that nobody gets anywhere with the players or the devs of this game by getting angry.

Rather than send out a bunch of individual PMs, I'm going to get on with my day with this sticky post. We'll get the rules back up after the holidays, along with some other Tavern improvements, hopefully. But in the meantime, try and get into the spirit of the season by being nice to one another. Stop getting angry about video games.

Thanks,
rko

For this message the author archaeo has received thanks: 15
all before, Arrhythmia, Doesnt, Floodkiller, gammafunk, Lasty, SchwaWarrior, stickyfingers, ydeve, ZipZipskins and 5 more users

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 21st December 2016, 15:02

Re: Don't Insult People You Disagree With

Thanks, archaeo. I want to emphasize one point: you are allowed to disagree with anything you choose, but you are not allowed to use that or anything else as a reason to insult and belittle other members of the community or broad sections of humanity. If can't stop yourself from doing that, do it somewhere else.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks: 8
archaeo, Dioneo, gammafunk, SchwaWarrior, Shtopit, stickyfingers, ydeve, ZipZipskins

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner