Reinstate High Elf, Remove Merfolk (Op Buff Too)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 16th December 2016, 04:02

Reinstate High Elf, Remove Merfolk (Op Buff Too)

If High Elf isn't very similar to Tengu, and if they're played the same way, High Elf is almost strictly a weaker blaster caster, and if they challenge one-another in melee, Tengu is generally better at maintaining the melee role though will always lag behind in HP. High Elf is not made to utilize one form of combat without significant support from items and deities, while Tengu can be.

Merfolk generally train one weapon (polearms), enough armour to wear ring mail comfortably, perhaps a buckler if they pull a particularly good trident from somewhere, then dodging until infinity. Their magic aptitudes are lackluster at best and bad at worst, with their outliner being Transmutations, or Magical Unarmed. They make for similar characters every game with little deviation because they lack room for such.

If Merfolk were removed, High Elf wouldn't be contested by Merfolk and would further stand out in its infallible niches, and it's floating fast swim mechanic could be given to Octopode, because that would be awesome and rule of cool surpasses impregnable logic sometimes, and it would make the water branch rune less deadly to obtain for them. Octopodes are certainly not overpowered, and this would make them feel pretty commanding without having farmed for eight artifact rings in a zigg with Necromutation.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

For this message the author Elitist has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 16th December 2016, 06:11

Re: Reinstate High Elf, Remove Merfolk (Op Buff Too)

Reinstate HE, return ogres to theis GSC niche, then maintain status quo.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 16th December 2016, 07:46

Elf lover wrote:Reinstate HE, return ogres to theis GSC niche, then maintain status quo.

What kills me is Ogre's ridiculous gains over their losses, because knocking -2 off EVERY magical apt was big, I wish we could've gotten something much less extreme like that for Mummy or something. It's that Ogre being funneled into the flat apts role, while good from a design standpoint, has effectively made them a slightly better/worse Human. There's a lot of Humans in this game now.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

For this message the author Elitist has received thanks:
Rast

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 16th December 2016, 11:02

Reinstate 0.19 on the servers.

Oh wait...

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 16th December 2016, 13:41

+1 on Op fast swimming
Memento mori

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner