Online Console color change

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 13th December 2016, 18:50

Online Console color change

Is it just me, or did the dark grey color in console change to dark blue? I know I've had this happen before in terminals with limited colors, but it wasn't like this a few weeks ago.

I find the dark blue insanely hard to read and unpleasant to look at, so if this an intended change are there any settings that can get rid of it?
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 13th December 2016, 20:23

Re: Online Console color change

TeshiAlair wrote:Is it just me, or did the dark grey color in console change to dark blue? I know I've had this happen before in terminals with limited colors, but it wasn't like this a few weeks ago.

I find the dark blue insanely hard to read and unpleasant to look at, so if this an intended change are there any settings that can get rid of it?

Code:
bold_brightens_foreground = true

The change was made because, in some terminal emulators, the default settings make darkgrey-on-black invisible. The thought was that it's better to have it be visible but kind of ugly for everyone, than for it to look nice for 90% of console players and hide things for the other 10%.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner