Thanks Nemelex.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 14:16

Thanks Nemelex.

I just started a game and chose to follow Nemelex. He gave me a plain deck of summonings. I stumbled onto Ijyb, and decided to draw a card...

Spoiler: show

Is this normal?

Edit: A second use summoned three centaurs, and Nemelex has since (I'm still in the same floor) given me another two plain decks of summoning.

Edit 2: Different game, I summoned this thing named a Ruqyddea, couldn't find any information about it. (Apparently it's a Pandemonium Lord.)
Spoiler: show

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 15:43

Re: Thanks Nemelex.

Nemelex Xobeh is really powerful and underestimated god.
The only weakness of it is inventory management, due to flood of decks in your backpack.

Abuse stack five on decks of escape. Tomb + Elixir combo is the best lifesaver in this game.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

For this message the author papilio has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 16:52

It happens. You have to be careful when using nem summons because they are occasionally hostile. I believe that invo training helps with this but it can still happen.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 17:02

WingedEspeon wrote:It happens. You have to be careful when using nem summons because they are occasionally hostile. I believe that invo training helps with this but it can still happen.

I believe it's Evocation's for Nemelex, rather than Invocations.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 17:07

Sarzael wrote:
WingedEspeon wrote:It happens. You have to be careful when using nem summons because they are occasionally hostile. I believe that invo training helps with this but it can still happen.

I believe it's Evocation's for Nemelex, rather than Invocations.

Not anymore! When Pakellas came and left, he took Nem's evocations and dropped them right into invos.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 19:28

Something seems weird though. At least with old (=previous) Nem, I surely didn't get Pan lords at that stage of the game.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 21:39

No, it's completely normal for Nemelex to be overpowered. @Sprucery: I remember getting a bone dragon at like D5-7 with oldNem, which is roughly as effective as a Panlord at that stage of the game and, as a bonus, won't harm you with any spells (because it has none!).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner