A Few Days

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 10th November 2016, 20:11

A Few Days

Tuesday, November 1st, 2016
Crawl 0.19: “Dancing Through Memory”
Download DCSS 0.19 here, or play it online on one of many servers across the world! The Windows and Linux packages are available now, as well as the source; the OS X binaries should be online within a few days.

Now, I admit I'm none too familiar with whatever barbaric vernacular you're taught in those indoctrination centers that pass for schools over in the colonies but where I come from 'a few' is considerably less than '9.'
Spoiler: show
Psst, hey kid... you like roguelikes?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 10th November 2016, 22:46

Re: A Few Days

hahaha elite dev ownage spotted. don`t expect any admits of guilt, just get your refund and move to a competently built game
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 10th November 2016, 23:34

The OS X build situation for us is not great, and we could use some additional help from the community. geekosaur has valiantly struggled with the horrible OS X application signing system for the past few releases, but has been eternally frustrated with how buggy and bad Apple's software is for this. He's agreed to try to sign the 0.19 release, since he's perhaps finally figured out how to deal the issue where the signed files randomly don't work for some users.

He's not been able to work on it for the last couple weeks, but he tells me that he'll be ready to start that in the next couple of days. If people know of someone from the community that would like to do OS X builds, feel free to talk to the dev team in ##crawl-dev.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 11th November 2016, 23:38

Dang, I was hoping everyone was just too busy playing the tournament and it wasn't actually a difficult task

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 00:34

I am also eagerly waiting for the OS X release. Here's hoping...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 17th November 2016, 09:04

Courtesy of agolden, we have packages for Tiles and console for 0.19 that should work on 10.10 and above! You can get these from the download page. These are unsigned packages, and you may get a security warning. I'm told that on 10.12, to open it you have to control-click, select Open from the context menu, and accept the security prompt. After this you should be able to open the package without warnings.

If any OS X users trying these have problems, please let us know (either in this thread or in a bug report).

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 17th November 2016, 14:19

the candle that burns half as bright burns twice longer
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

For this message the author pubby has received thanks:
Sar

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 17th November 2016, 20:05

Noice, now I can finally see the new gods with my own four eyes.

EDIT: Died on the orb run when double-teamed by a Tzitzimtil summoned by a Panlord while I was trying to escape a fiend-summoning lich and a panlord, I blame it all on the fact the description of the Tzitzimitl lacked the word liminal. In conclusion .19 is ok, except for that glaring oversight

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner