Uskayaw encourages scumming?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2016, 13:10

Uskayaw encourages scumming?

Isn't Uskayaw's piety generation system encourage you to drag packs of garbage mobs around to quickly generate large ammounts just before the tough combat?
It looks like an optimal and tedious mechanic to implement in the game with such a strong anti-scumming philosophy.
This is a serious post, though I post it in CYC because I don't actually have any reasonable proposals about it.

For this message the author MDvedh has received thanks:
duvessa

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2016, 14:08

Re: Uskayaw encourages scumming?

I imagine dragging a large pack of mobs around carries its own risks, garbage or no. Blocking off your escape route for one thing.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2016, 14:25

Yes, the problem was discussed. Nothing was changed as far as I remember except Lasty changed piety decay in some way but I am not sure if it was intended to help with the problem.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2016, 14:33

Not an expert Uskayaw user here but, yes, in some situations it feels too powerful. Finishing Cerebov comes to my mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but doesn't Lesser Beckoning spell make Uska way too strong compared to just hitting the popcorn on the screen (while there are badasses around) for a piety rise?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2016, 19:00

Piety for hurting a thing is tied to the scariness of that thing, so if you lure a bunch of chumps to a scary thing and then spend turns hitting the chumps you're gaining piety slower while experiencing more danger.

There are some marginal cases where you can potentially arrange chumps to get a net piety bonus, but I don't think this has an effect that in any way sets off the marginal danger increase.

You can lure packs of strong monsters together to get benefits with Usk, and that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner