Opinions

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 04:21

Opinions

The -ctele status should be visible in zot. Imbalanced weapon/ elemental attributes should be flattened (mf te ho etc). Demonic guardian should be made into an active ability, then removed because it overlaps w/ makhleb. Airstrike/shatter should do = damage to all enemies/players. Entropy weavers shouldnt exist. Poison is not a good status effect, for players or monsters. There should be no limit to spellpower enhancers, or a max of 1. Maurice is bad. Players should be able to eat mutagenic meat when engorged. Dowan/duvessa should not have weird stair rules. Items should be retrievable in water. There should be one type of permafood, which takes one turn to consume (while food is still in the game). There should be a status effect that indicates that adjacent trees are hurting you bc of awaken forest. No steam/sticky resistence. Dragon scales should be called dragon armour.

Dont know what this is supposed to accomplish, besides memeing/preaching to the choir. Cheers.

For this message the author amaril has received thanks: 7
dowan, duvessa, luckless, nago, ololoev, Shard1697, ydeve

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 04:27

Re: Opinions

my opinion: donald trump should not be president of the united states, and voting for him is a grave mistake

e: and, should hillary win, the appropriate moniker for bill clinton will be "first laddy"
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
dowan

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 04:40

At first I was excited, thinking, oh dang this is gonna be juicy, but then I remembered I'm a moderator.

For this message the author archaeo has received thanks: 7
Arrhythmia, dracos369, gammafunk, Lasty, nago, neverEnough, ydeve

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 04:50

I like opinions and I think it's good to have them.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks:
Lasty

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 07:17

amaril wrote:Dont know what this is supposed to accomplish, besides memeing/preaching to the choir. Cheers.

Don't forget thank farming.
remove Siegurt's signature

For this message the author Cimanyd has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, ydeve

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 14:31

opinions are like assholes: they keep you from becoming full of shit if they function right

For this message the author HardboiledGargoyle has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, scorpionwarrior

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 14:47

Let me try to discuss suggestions I disagree with.

amaril wrote:Imbalanced weapon/ elemental attributes should be flattened (mf te ho etc).

It is a nice way to change difficulty as long as crawl does not provide explicit difficulty settings. Want easy game? Use polearms as Mf. Want hard game? Use axes or staves as Mf.

Demonic guardian should be made into an active ability, then removed because it overlaps w/ makhleb.

Demonic guardian is nice when you get high level mutation early enough. Feels almost like Help god.

Airstrike/shatter should do = damage to all enemies/players.

Airstrike is fine both for player (I got to 1 HP as flying Tengu above lava) and for monsters (it is fun to deal high damage). Shatter would be OP without less damage to flying monsters and I wouldn't like its damage decreased for non-flying monsters.

Entropy weavers shouldnt exist. Poison is not a good status effect, for players or monsters

Entropy weavers + spiders is an amazing combo, one of the best groups devs created. You want to retreat from weavers to lure it to stairs (using stairs alone to remove corrosion and then either kill the weaver near stairs or even lure it upstairs) but spiders are fast, they poison you and you cannot just run away. Also they have relatively high EV so penalty to accuracy from corrosion makes it much harder to hit them.

There should be no limit to spellpower enhancers, or a max of 1.

I like max 3 more. It keeps staff, archmagi and ring of ice/fire useful while making fire/ice distinct from earth/air.

Maurice is bad.

I used to think the same way until one game where it took my wand of teleportation and I had to run away because of other monsters. It should spawn with dangerous group of monsters IMHO.

There should be one type of permafood, which takes one turn to consume (while food is still in the game).

I agree about one type of permafood but it should take 10 turns to eat and it cannot be eaten with hostile monsters in view. Make food tactically relevant!
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks: 2
Sar, ZipZipskins

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 20:40

Journalists are very important to make it so that people can have opinions without developing their own thoughts. (S.A. Kierkegaard, paraphrased)

I agree about Maurice and trees.

I also think that there are too many gods that give long-lasting allies. (I hate playing with allies).
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 20:45

my opinion: I actually love allies and summoners and necromancers and ally gods, all of which are in a better place in 0.19 than they've ever been (though Beogh and Ne both need some work still imo).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 01:01

my opinion: your opinions are BAD and wrong

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 01:18

When you fight Maurice so you drop your teleport scrolls on the ground to floor-read them in the event of the fight going south due to him having a wand or something, in the spirit of 0.13.
remove food

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 01:35

tabstorm wrote:When you fight Maurice so you drop your teleport scrolls on the ground to floor-read them in the event of the fight going south due to him having a wand or something, in the spirit of 0.13.

that's easy to fix: you should not be able to use floor items which you dropped unless you have no monsters in view.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 01:41

Or... just don't have Maurice in the game so there's no need for a special case of the floor-use mechanic to prevent annoying behavior.
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks: 5
duvessa, nago, VeryAngryFelid, WingedEspeon, ZipZipskins

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 01:42

is it still optimal to lug around a bunch of crap weapons to fill your inventory with useless things for maurice to steal instead of things you actually care about

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 2nd November 2016, 19:19

reflavor Maurice into a pervert who just removes your worn equipment but it stays in your inventory, and to restrict using him to your advantage, he can't use stairs because of house arrest

For this message the author HardboiledGargoyle has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 6th November 2016, 02:40

"Drop your consumables before fighting Maurice"

That actually won't work, unless you're committed to never moving an inch. Maurice can pick up items that you've seen, the cheating bastard.

FR: Give Maurice the "Blink Other" spell.
or
FR: Let Maurice steal from under your feet.

Problem solved!
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner