rF- Reform Proposal

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 00:48

rF- Reform Proposal

rF- should not work as it works now (removing one + of rF if you have it, or adding a minus if you don't). Instead, it should deactivate all degrees of rF you have, without causing weakness.

So, instead of "It makes you vulnerable to fire": "it stops fire resistance from working".

rF is just an example, the proposal refers to all elemental resistances. The change should be Player only (and items): monsters can keep the current version.

My reasons:

- Currently, rX- is a huge thought looming over the player and detracting from the fun of the game.
- As it's now, it encourages wild swapping (elemental rings in particular).
- At higher levels, when you have many artefacts at your disposal, you now end up doing Byzantine calculations to balance out rF+, rF- and various other positive and negative egos.

My proposal solves or attenuates these problems, and has one added advantage: it makes the early game easier and the late game more difficult.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th June 2017, 07:26

Re: rF- Reform Proposal

Shtopit wrote:rF is just an example, the proposal refers to all elemental resistances. The change should be Player only (and items): monsters can keep the current version.

I believe there are only rF- and rC-, we don't have rN-, rElec-, rPois- (except Spider form).

- Currently, rX- is a huge thought looming over the player and detracting from the fun of the game.

It's fun to kill monsters with fire spells while having rC-.

- As it's now, it encourages wild swapping (elemental rings in particular).

It's the point of rings, otherwise devs would make ring swapping take more time like armour does.

- At higher levels, when you have many artefacts at your disposal, you now end up doing Byzantine calculations to balance out rF+, rF- and various other positive and negative egos.

It's fun, I like trying different combinations to find the best gear.

My proposal solves or attenuates these problems, and has one added advantage: it makes the early game easier and the late game more difficult.

I don't see how it makes early game easier, you typically don't have any items with rF-/rC- early game. I agree about late game, let's make rF+/rC+ 1 pip resists so it is max you can have. Orb of fire should be dangerous to everyone!
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, pedritolo

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner