1 INT = 1 MR

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 15:00

1 INT = 1 MR

Because, as it stands, intelligence is by far the least versatile stat ever since strength's damage increase could be measured. This isn't game changing, but it does increase the versatility of early game warrior-mages and gives a slight bit of incentive to raise int where one otherwise might reconsider. Might be neat. Who knows.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 15:52

Re: 1 INT = 1 MR

1. One MR is really inconsequential. If you put every stat boost into int, you wouldn't even have a fifth of a ring of MR at the game's end.
2. I'm not sure that making int even more desirable for casters is the way to go.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 16:54

Re: 1 INT = 1 MR

Arrhythmia wrote:1. One MR is really inconsequential. If you put every stat boost into int, you wouldn't even have a fifth of a ring of MR at the game's end.
2. I'm not sure that making int even more desirable for casters is the way to go.

1. Fair. I was always taught dexterity is minor in stealth, so I figured making int minor in MR would be fitting. I think 2 would be too much, though. I'd be willing to do 1 INT = 1.5 MR rounded down.
2. Int is the weakest of the three stats to me. That being said, I don't think buffing spellcasters is such an awful idea.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner