Some kinda potions/alchemy god

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 05:44

Some kinda potions/alchemy god

I got inspired by someone else's tavern comment about how it would be cool if there was like potions of Death's door that were super rare.

-POTIONS GOD, NAME LIKELY STARTS WITH AN I OR W-

Piety on finding, drinking potions of not-blood. No mummies allowed. Slow piety attrition over time.

*1: (Passive) All potions you find start as identified, quaffing potions costs half the usual auts

*2: Potion toss (active, medium piety cost): You can throw certain potions at enemies to achieve certain effects in a 3x3 square. Heal wounds convulses undead and heals you/allies in a 3x3 square, berserk frenzies enemies and berserks you and allies, degeneration spawns a miasma cloud, etc. Strength of effect depends on invocations.

*4: Potion combine (active, high piety cost): You can mix (sacrifice) two potions to obtain a random new potion of a third type. These include unique never before seen potions, ranging from sif muna's mana channel, to bjorgnirs and deaths door, to temporary chaos/ghost breath attack, and other effects unique to this god. Unique potions can't be thrown or combined. Likelihood of stronger potions is increased with invocations.

*5: At this level you start receiving potions as gifts, including unique ones.

*6: You gain a one time ability to create a Philosopher's Stone, a unique permanent evocable that can grant any of the following effects: produce gold coins, cure any and all negative status effects, grant a number of random buffs, heal 50% of lost HP/MP. Recharges slowly with XP.

Penalties on abandonment: All potions you have seen and those in your inventory are destroyed. Philosopher's stone, if it exists, becomes inert. Until god is mollified, you are randomly afflicted by negative potion effects during combat, and enemies receive positive ones. Quaffing has a high chance of failure.

For this message the author lethediver has received thanks: 3
Cimanyd, Shard1697, VeryAngryFelid

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 07:45

Re: Some kinda potions/alchemy god

Please remove 4* power which has various problems and replace gozag with this
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 10:44

lethediver wrote:*2: Potion toss (active, medium piety cost): You can throw certain potions at enemies to achieve certain effects in a 3x3 square.

This sounds suspiciously like "bring back the Distill/Evaporate playstyle as a god". I do miss those days, I liked throwing around steam bombs and better-than-meph bombs in the earlygame, transitioning into better-than-corpse-rot bombs and mass-mutate bombs later on.

I'd rather Gozag simply pick up some variant of potion toss (directly converting cash into alchemical explosions) than replace him with another "powered by inventory slots" god.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 12:45

Distillation/Evaporation is something that could work well on a god. In fact, I've put the combination on the randomised gods section, as the code already exists. :)

But don't think that you can get the letter G for this!

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 12:56

dpeg wrote:the randomised gods section

Let me guess, "we'd like to do this but it's not high priority so don't ask when we'll spare dev time to do it"?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 13:17

Psieye: oh, even worse: that's a zero priority thing. However, it has a lot of appeal with people. Mark (the developer of URR) told me to not stop until random gods are in :) There have been some steps in this direction, for example with data-ifying god powers. I'm thinking in decades, not years :)

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks:
Sar

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 15:12

I like this god. I don't see how it has the problems of the old evap, since you can't create new potions out of enemy corpses.

The unique potions taking a lot of inventory slots is a problem worth considering, not to mention they must require some new code.

Still, I'd like to try it, it sounds fun.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 18:42

This god feels kind of like it is invading on gozag. Multiple pots and pot gifts are gozag's thing (ok with gozag they aren't gifts, you have to buy them but still). And the wrath seems stolen from gozag.
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 15th October 2016, 00:09

I kind of like it. I wouldn't mind an Apothecaran background - a wanderer type where you start with some potions and some ID scrolls.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner