Do not adjust fire aptitude for Steam Draconian

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 21:05

Do not adjust fire aptitude for Steam Draconian

It just encourages players to go DrFE. That's not very adaptive to me, that sounds like playing with the odds.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 21:51

Re: Do not adjust fire aptitude for Steam Draconian

Ive been doing this and rolled white, black, yellow, black, black, yellow DrFEs... These apts do nothing... Devs are trolling me, i think you in on it too. Arent you op?

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 22:38

lethediver wrote:Ive been doing this and rolled white, black, yellow, black, black, yellow DrFEs... These apts do nothing... Devs are trolling me, i think you in on it too. Arent you op?

I keep messaging [REDACTED] to manipulate your RC files so you get Draconians you don't want. I also tell [REDACTED] to control your Xom actions, just as every dev does (ADMIT IT).
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 11:30

A +1 apt doesn't actually encourage you to do anything.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 4
duvessa, goodcoolguy, nago, Sar

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 13:25

Well that's not totally true. Especially for newer players who might overestimate the effect of apts, quite a few I think get frustrated when you get a "bad color" because it feels "suboptimal" or such, and might start scum or something to get the color they want. So while I agree that it's not really significant, I'd say color does actually encourage some people to make build decisions based on it.

For this message the author Lasiace has received thanks:
Elitist

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 20:53

cerebovssquire wrote:A +1 apt doesn't actually encourage you to do anything.

An increase in apt does.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 01:13

Elitist wrote:
cerebovssquire wrote:A +1 apt doesn't actually encourage you to do anything.

An increase in apt does.

In what - real and not overly rare - situation do you think a +1 apt increase would influence a skilling decision? I genuinely can't remember a situation in the last months where this would have made a big difference for me. Especially with a draconian elementalist (which is what we are discussing here), the decision on what to train is basically determined by your starting book for a while, and then influenced by books you find, rather than your aptitudes.

edit: if you also meant that it causes new players to misinterpret its significance, that's a general property of the apt system and not really specific to this situation. But I assumed that's not what you meant because of the part about being adaptive in the OP.
Last edited by cerebovssquire on Monday, 10th October 2016, 01:21, edited 3 times in total.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 01:14

There should be unique steam dragon called Gaben.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 01:44

Lasiace wrote:[new] players ... overestimate the effect of apts

Emphasis mine. Whenever you talk about the effect +1 to an apt has on combo selection, imagine that's on a neon sign over your head, because that's what it looks like.
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner