How to charms reform

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 15:24

How to charms reform

-1. Polymorph Dovan into a slime creature.
0. Pour milk at Duvessa.
1. Make charms permanent-until-dispelled, like rmsl/dmsl. (it hurts, I know)
2. Spellcasting success % is the % chance that a charm will NOT be dispelled when PC is hit.
3. Throw 2 eggs at Duvessa.
4. The above % chance is your current % spell succes chance (so armour makes it more likely that a charm gets dispelled on hit.
5. Spellpower determines only charm strength - it doesn't determine length as there is none. Regeneration nerf, yay.
6. Mix Duvessa with slime Dovan.

Step 4 ensures that permanent charms are not abusable by the remove-armour-and-cast-before-combat one secret trick duvessa doesn't want you to know.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

For this message the author kuniqs has received thanks: 2
Cimanyd, dowan

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 15:31

Re: How to charms reform

Haha you spelled my awesome name wrong chump :P.

But I like your proposal at a quick glance, at least, steps 1, 2, 4, and 5. Not getting hit is already a big goal in this game anyway. However, do you think 0 damage hits should count here? Also, rmsl/dmsl expire on NOT getting hit, as far as I know, so that's a little different than your proposal.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 16:34

0 damage hits should count. Shield buff, yay!

Spells I want this dispel-on-hit behavior for: Regeneration, Shroud of Golubria, Ozocubu's, Excruciating Wounds, Warp Weapon, Ring of Flames, Spectral Weapon, Infusion. Other spells have expirement penalties to balance them out (Death's Door, Swiftness), are special (Haste, Battlesphere) or have a warmup period for balance (Song o' Slaying). The spells listed are the most tedious to recast while having next to none downsides to just casting them over and over again, so I see no objection to giving them permanent status. Song of Slaying could just lose a point of bonus every 3 turns or so while having permastatus.

Permanent spells can be turned off in the abilities menu. Or not, whatever.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 16:58

kuniqs wrote:-1. Polymorph Dovan into a slime creature.
0. Pour milk at Duvessa.

I think that's butter you're thinking, not milk.

Also, I'm not sure if it would work with slime creatures. Dogs are the go-to target for that trick, you see.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 17:09

eww

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 17:14

Dowan is too low HD.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 19:50

Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed.

After an hour, place the masa harina in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir together with a fork. Dump the masa mixture into the chili. Stir together well, and then taste and adjust the seasonings. Add more masa paste and /or water to get the chili to your preferred consistency, or to add more corn flavor. Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with shredded Cheddar, chopped onions, tortilla chips and lime wedges.
take it easy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 19:52

Was that a comment on your opinion of the proposal, or are you just really hoping we'll make you some chili.

Because if someone's making chili, I want some too. But also, I like the proposal in the OP (Except the parts about sliming me).

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
WingedEspeon

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 00:09

Please don't pour milk on me. minmay is lactose intolerant.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner