Need help with player tiles!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 13:45

Need help with player tiles!

1. I set my tile every turn via
  Code:
crawl.setopt("tile_player_tile = " .. tile)

but when I am in the lichform, it overrides my current tile. How can I override lichform default tile?
2. The `tile` var from the code above is usually a "tile:mons_ancient_lich", but sometimes I want to see default player tile. What shoul I write to `tile` then?

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 05:50

Re: Need help with player tiles!

Devs please!!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 06:17

For 1, sorry, you can't override the form tiles currently. For 2, you can set it to normal, as in "tile_player_tile = normal", per the documentation of that option in the options guide.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks:
ololoev

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 07:23

Ty gamma!
For 2 I tried "default" and "player" which yield me black square, but "normal" works!
Btw, I searched through the crawl-ref/docs and didn't find any manual to scripting API. Where can I learn what functions I can call? (like you.mutation("horns") etc.)

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 07:47

Sadly the best way to see what functions are available are to 1) read other lua code and 2) read the l_*.cc source files that define the clua libraries.

For 1), good repositories are HilariousDeathArtists's lua and my lua, among others you can find on the internet.

For the l_*.cc files in the source dir of the repo, look for a file named after a thing you're interesting it, like "l_you.cc" to see what's defined in the "you" library you mentioned for "you.mutation()". At the bottom of those files the functions are wrapped up into a structure that defines the library. You have to make sure that you're looking at the so-called "clua" (client lua) library definitions and not the so-called "dlua" (dungeon lua) libraries, since the former is what you can use from your RC and the latter can only be used by crawl's level generation system.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks:
ololoev

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 11:10

gammafunk wrote:read the l_*.cc source files that define the clua libraries.

Found these files, it suits me! Ty again!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner