DCSS played with sound in WebTiles on CWZ

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 07:52

DCSS played with sound in WebTiles on CWZ

The South Korean server CWZ has a very fancy chat module that can, among other things, add (rather hacky) sound support to WebTiles. I started a HaSk^Ely on that server, intending to go Zin for 15 runes so I can also see their special Zin sound support. Here is a video of that stream. See the learnDB entry for CWZ and the description in that video for further details. There are some pretty amusing (and bad) choices for all sorts of things. It triggers specific sounds based on crawl messages, so wouldn't work with the custom languages.

I learned about features in the chat module from discussing with Korean players, most especially ASCIIPhilia, who implemented most of them. These can all be controlled with special links at the bottom of chat, or by entering command messages beginning with '/' or '#' in chat.

1. Allow certain spectators to take control of your game! Seen as a way to help tutor new players when experienced players are watching. Once permission is granted, you can can use certain sets of keys as a spectator, and I'm not sure what the limitations are.

2. Autoreconnect the current user, so when the game ends for any reason, you'll rejoin their game automatically when they start a new one or resume

3. Lookup from a kind of CWZ learnDB that resides in a publicly editable google document. I've made a copy here you can browse (warning, very NSFW). Users can add to this document and then type something like "#" followed by the entry name to pull the data in chat. If the entry is a url to an image, the image shows up automatically in chat! That google document has quite a few amusing images they've put together about topics like acquirement[url], and [url=http://i.imgur.com/m0XdHm7.gif]entropy weavers, as well as more crawl art.

I showed them beem, and they were very amused to see all the queries that can be done with Sequell. We may get translations for some of the help and get beem running regularly on that server as well.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks: 4
all before, Brannock, scorpionwarrior, yesno

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 08:24

Re: DCSS played with sound in WebTiles on CWZ

As an extension of 'allowing control to spectators' feature, there is "Public Control Bot" on CWZ, designed to be controlled by multiple players.

Profile: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/publiccontrolbot.html
15-rune win YAVP post (Korean): http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=rlike&no=43016&page=1&search_pos=-51696&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%A7%91%EB%8B%A8%EC%A7%80%EC%84%B1
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

For this message the author papilio has received thanks:
gammafunk

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 13:20

cool find. Any way to get the sound working on other servers?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 15:37

Is the sound of eating a fruit taken from Magic and Mahyem 2? Some of the cutting sounds remind me of SNK games instead (LB 1&2) and generally arcade fighting games.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 17:50

1 and 2 sound like great additions to webtiles. Would be great if they made their way to other servers.

For this message the author all before has received thanks:
Shard1697

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 18:11

Yeah, a "take the wheel!" feature would be very cool for teaching newer players things.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
BabyRage

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 04:57

cmon gammafunk steal their module already

and their splashscreens

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 19:16

For what it's worth, if we want to implement sounds(except not use licensed sound effects), a while ago sonniss.com had a promotion where they released a download of 10+ GB of free sound effects. The download is no longer active, but I grabbed it when it was so I still have it on my computer! As well as a second 16+ GB sound pack they released more recently.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
dpeg

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 19:36

Please stop teasing me and just tell me what I need to do to make it happen!! Is it a matter of money?! Make the kickstarter and ill throw you 30 bucks, no joke

For this message the author lethediver has received thanks:
vergil

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 30th September 2016, 08:02

lethediver wrote:Please stop teasing me and just tell me what I need to do to make it happen!! Is it a matter of money?! Make the kickstarter and ill throw you 30 bucks, no joke

shut_up_and_take_my_gold_coins2.png
shut_up_and_take_my_gold_coins2.png (83.45 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.
In progress: DsWn... Currently out of time. Maybe someday.

Watch my streams here

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 1st October 2016, 00:31

I've uploaded Part 2 of the HaSk played on CWZ with sounds. Not too many crazy new sounds, although the incredibly loud screaming from eidolons and curse skulls is a high point. Sorry about the video quality (accidentally streamed at 480p)!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner