[proclick] new fork, hellcrawl

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 04:38

Re: [proclick] new fork, hellcrawl

Does anybody get the silver rune? How do you do it beyond getting lucky with teleports?

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 14:27

chequers wrote:Does anybody get the silver rune? How do you do it beyond getting lucky with teleports?

Yeah I did it last night on a JiTK 9 rune game and have done it on others. I generally just teleport immediately. I usually hit V3 with a character that is tough enough to take things for a bit. I had to teleport 4 times last night. Other time once or twice. I almost never wind up at v3 with too few teleports scrolls. Also I try to have some stealth by that point and some regen, those two typically allow you to recover ok. I wouldn't call it getting "lucky" with teleports, since it usually works fine after a try or three. I have seen people just make a run to a side or an interior with a corridor or whatever but generally that the same as a bad teleport I find.

I have also done it as Qazlal twice(maybe more?), I generally teleport there too and make my way to an edge which invariably fills the entire corridor and I killed everything.

Bazaar

I think there should be one more Bazaar entrance on zot 4 or 5, on the JiTK 9 rune last night (entered Pan on U1 so hit U2 bazzar after pan) I was overall happy with the bazaar but I still had like 3k gold left on zot 5, part of that was I didn't find much to buy that was worthwhile after the first couple things but, also I am pretty sure it was about 1500 gold gained that is useless after U2. Once the last Bazaar spawns all gold is useless to non-gozag

For this message the author severen has received thanks:
chequers

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 22:46

So I was playing a gnoll and I had swamp so I learned summon forest, after I was done swamp I read amnesia to get rid of summon forest but I did not get the five spell levels back...

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 23:36

Maybe spell levels should be removed. Only half joking.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 01:01

Very minor bug: the game counted 6 branches for my DUZH speedrun. I never entered temple (is there even temple in hellcrawl anymore? think it was removed), so I'm assuming the other two were the bazaar and elf. Elf being a portal vault I'd assume it shouldn't count as a branch, and probably the same with bazaar although that's a bit more murky, since you can leave and return to it, so it probably needs to be considered a branch by the game?

All of this only matters if you want your morgues to look pretty, but hey, add it to the low priority list.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 11th May 2018, 20:11

I'm not dead but I'm moving for a new job. Probably going to be a few weeks before I can start work on hellcrawl again.
Remove spell hunger.
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner