What if --Wr was reworked as a Ranged Start

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 22:35

What if --Wr was reworked as a Ranged Start

I'm not going to say we should do this immediately, but I'll think about the idea a bit.

Currently (since the recent commit removed the Akashic Record and the Spell Warp Weapon); the Translocations books are thus:

Spatial Translocations {Apportation, Blink, Shroud of Golubria, Portal Projectile, Teleport Other, Passage of Golubria}

The Warp {Recall, Gell's Gravitas, Force Lance, Summon Forest, Dispersal, Disjunction, Controlled Blink}

...With the one remaining spell unique to Grand Grimoires:

{Malign Gateway}

If --Wr was a ranged start; the books should be rearranged:

Spatial Translocations (Starting book) {Apportation, Blink, Portal Projectile, Gell's Gravitas, Teleport Other, Force Lance, Dispersal}

- Similar to the current --Wr book the spells are mostly support instead of dealing direct damage; to support being a ranger they mostly focus on keeping enemies OFF you; force lance can (briefly) be used in a primary damage dealing roll or hook to hybridize into fullblown conjurations... Shroud falls by the wayside to not crowd the book too much. Loss of Passage makes the book slightly worse for stabbing/escape, but dispersal can generally fill the same role while also having a similar niche to --AM's Cause Fear.

The Warp (all Remaining spells) - {Shroud of Golubria, Recall, Passage of Golubria, Summon Forest, Disjunction, Controlled Blink}
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 23:40

Re: What if --Wp was reworked as a Ranged Start

It's already a ranged start and always has been...

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 23:49

It doesn't start with any ranged weapon...so you might not even be able to use ranged for a long time. hardly a ranged start.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 31st August 2016, 01:06

You get tomahawks of dispersal.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 31st August 2016, 17:03

CanOfWorms wrote:You get tomahawks of dispersal.

Which have 100% mulch rate, and are better used for their special effect rather than for damage.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 31st August 2016, 20:40

Re: What if --Wr was reworked as a Ranged Start

wr pretends to be a ranged start. More specifically, throwing. And then does the hilarious action of giving you only a couple mulching throwing weapons.

At the very least, it should start you with some actual tomahawks. Better yet, let you choose a ranged weapon. Better yet, tloc is a terrible basis for a character background, so remove wr....

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 31st August 2016, 21:00

It started with more ammo in old versions, but it was excessively powerful so it was cut to just the dispersal ammo (and the background is still overpowered).

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 1st September 2016, 00:26

No, it is vitally important to preserve the sanctity of the two least played backgrounds. We can't have a bunch of backgrounds people would want to play!

Apparently.

Or something.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 3rd September 2016, 18:47

Tloc is the strongest spell school so I don't know what you're all on about.

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 4th September 2016, 23:00

ebering wrote:Tloc is the strongest spell school so I don't know what you're all on about.
Tloc is the Strongest Spell School late game with an akashic record easily...mid game --Wr's start book has some use, but D:1, you have apport...which is very very limited use on D:1.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner