Akashic record removed?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 06:02

Akashic record removed?

So I haven't been terribly active lately, so I'm not too familiar with what's on trunk right now, but I just saw this patch note:

Warp Weapon and the Akashic Record have been removed.

Does this mean the spells of the akashic record have been moved to a new book, or are they gone entirely? Is it still possible to learn controlled blink?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 06:06

Re: Akashic record removed?

tasonir wrote:So I haven't been terribly active lately, so I'm not too familiar with what's on trunk right now, but I just saw this patch note:

Warp Weapon and the Akashic Record have been removed.

Does this mean the spells of the akashic record have been moved to a new book, or are they gone entirely? Is it still possible to learn controlled blink?

Moved to new books, and yes, respectively. With singularity gone the Akashic Record was living on borrowed time.
take it easy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 06:27

Yeah that makes sense, I think there were 4 translocations books? Not that many spells to need 4 separate books, so it's back down to 3 now... I assume Cblink/disjunction are in the book of the warp now? Does that mean they're somewhat more likely to generate, or was/is warp as rare as record was?

Edit: looks like there were already only 3 'pure' translocations books, so I guess it's 2 now?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 10:51

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/1ecfaa61a002

Warp is more common, and not being a rare book means its contents are also eligible to appear in randart books again.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner