Crawl Go

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 25th August 2016, 21:06

Crawl Go

Think about it.

Turning the streets of your hometown into the dungeon.

With random monsters appearing that you must whack with your smartphone.

Picking up the orb of Zot and dodging trucks because you are being chased by Hiccalapalla the Demon Lord, and f* it you aren't gonna wait for the green light.

You can only play a centaur if you are on a motorbike. You can only play a spriggan if you are on a lambo.

And if you make it, when you get back through the entrance of the dungeon, you are back into your home. Dirty, bloodied, with a blasted cur attached to your leg, humping it after it spent the whole orb run holding on to your ankle with its teeth. And the Orb in you hands.

As an android background.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
mopl

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 00:09

Re: Crawl Go

Super Smash Bros. Go: meet your friends in an alley and beat the shit out of each other

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 00:12

I was hoping for a crawl adaptation of the popular ancient japanese board game personally...
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 3
moocowmoocow, scorpionwarrior, Sprucery

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 00:33

How about Super Smash Bros. Crawl? Battle your friends with all your favorite crawl characters like Sigmund, Edmund, Donald, Grinder, Nessos, Sonja, Asterion, Boris, and many more! Now featuring third party characters Rodney and Doomguy.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, dracos369

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 12:23

More interested in Crawl Rust tbh

For this message the author wheals has received thanks:
PleasingFungus

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 13:07

Arrhythmia wrote:I was hoping for a crawl adaptation of the popular ancient japanese board game personally...

I tried Crawl Gomoku, it was brutal.

And you think you're capable of finding the ORB? I had it, you know. Then I gave it away so I could steal it AGAIN.

For this message the author Gongclonker has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, PleasingFungus, vergil

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 14:22

Feels like Crawl Go would generate a lot of player ghosts.
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks: 2
Sar, vergil

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 28th August 2016, 17:12

What race can you benefit from if you don't drive?

Naga ??? Please, save me with more options. :roll:
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 29th August 2016, 22:13

Arrhythmia wrote:I was hoping for a crawl adaptation of the popular ancient japanese board game personally...

We already have a grid. The rest is just details.

In the (very) distant future, crawl will have evolved to converge with the only other still existing game: Go.

All player abilities will have been removed, except summon lightning spire (without spells), range has been increased to 9. The player character is permanently invulnerable and immaterial. There is no mana. Summon lightning spire takes 10 aut and costs nothing. Only one can be summoned per turn. The number that can be controlled is at most 360. (361 would be illegal suicide.)

All enemies except statues (without attacks) will also have been removed. All dungeon features are gone too. One new statue spawns every 10 aut.

Statues and spires have 1 HP per free orthogonal adjacent tile. Being in orthogonal contact with allies creates a shared HP pool, think kraken. An enemy spawning in an orthogonal adjacent position reduces HP by 1. When entities lose their last HP they get banished to the abyss (so they can be counted later).

Of course just like in current crawl only one entity is allowed per tile. The grid is 19x19, fully visible, player in the centre. There is no movement anymore, even though players complained about the removal at the time.

Following the removal of the orb it has become unclear how the game is won, so players just start a new game if no legal moves are left. It is rumoured that some players can get to that state in just over 2 min of real time.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks:
qwesdf

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner