Add OOF to Geh:7


If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 395

Joined: Wednesday, 6th July 2016, 02:40

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 11:16

Add OOF to Geh:7

Gehenna is "hell of fire".

However, the toughest enemies of Gehenna are Brimstone fiends and Hellions,
both of them do not really require rF+++.

It's really weird that rF+++ is usually not-so-concerned to break through the hell of fire.
Also, Geh is the easiest part among 4 Hells.
So, I think it is plausible to add OOFs to Gehenna - and for only Geh:7.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1758

Joined: Monday, 14th October 2013, 01:05

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 11:27

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

rF+++ is not required for OoF either.

That said, I'm not necessarily against this, though it does sort of affect OoF's place as 'special' zot only enemies.
User avatar

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 510

Joined: Friday, 1st July 2016, 22:32

Location: Aachen, Germany

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 11:46

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

papilio wrote:Also, Geh is the easiest part among 4 Hells.

I'm not sure about this. Tartarus feels easier for me.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 395

Joined: Wednesday, 6th July 2016, 02:40

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 11:54

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

BabyRage wrote:
papilio wrote:Also, Geh is the easiest part among 4 Hells.

I'm not sure about this. Tartarus feels easier for me.



Tartarus? I think Tar is the hardest one for now.

Tzitzimitls and doom hounds are absolutely pains in ass.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!
User avatar

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 510

Joined: Friday, 1st July 2016, 22:32

Location: Aachen, Germany

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 11:57

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

I actually find Tzitzimeh much less dangerous than brimstone fiends.

For this message the author BabyRage has received thanks: 2
nago, Sar
User avatar

Abyss Ambulator

Posts: 1194

Joined: Friday, 18th April 2014, 01:41

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 14:10

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

papilio wrote:
BabyRage wrote:
papilio wrote:Also, Geh is the easiest part among 4 Hells.

I'm not sure about this. Tartarus feels easier for me.



Tartarus? I think Tar is the hardest one for now.

Tzitzimitls and doom hounds are absolutely pains in ass.

One thing it's good to remember in Hell/Pan is that there are very few things that can actually kill you, even if your HP is on the low end.
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks:
duvessa
User avatar

Swamp Slogger

Posts: 181

Joined: Wednesday, 18th March 2015, 21:13

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 14:39

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

no.
Formicid Lyfe

For this message the author Dungeoneer has received thanks:
Sandman25
User avatar

Dis Charger

Posts: 2056

Joined: Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 08:25

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 15:15

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

I play a lot of felids, safe to say everything can kill me it I make a mistake.

Anyways; (1) yea, no.

(2) It -really- depends on the character. But Dis is generally the hardest hell, followed by Cocytus, then Tartarus, then Gehenna...but it does vary; Tartarus is the most dangerous if you rely heavily on magic, because hell effects can spawn silent spectres, etc.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1667

Joined: Saturday, 11th October 2014, 06:12

Location: Brazil. RS, Santa Cruz do Sul.

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 16:35

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

  Code:
beem: * (place=dis) has played 1425 games, between 2007-04-23 21:43:05 and 2016-08-20 05:28:22, won 0, high score 2282093, total score 1171424105, total turns 149652479, play-time/day 4:39:17, total time 1y+295d+23:41:06.

  Code:
beem: * (place=geh) has played 1097 games, between 2007-01-09 11:02:07 and 2016-08-20 01:51:37, won 0, high score 2741983, total score 932143480, total turns 119447007, play-time/day 3:43:03, total time 1y+179d+0:14:44.

  Code:
beem: * (place=coc) has played 957 games, between 2007-02-21 19:59:11 and 2016-08-20 04:00:36, won 0, high score 1727999, total score 822940442, total turns 101559588, play-time/day 3:05:36, total time 1y+82d+3:21:47.

  Code:
beem: * (place=tar) has played 520 games, between 2007-01-28 10:27:12 and 2016-08-20 07:54:39, won 0, high score 1501547, total score 422005075, total turns 54636421, play-time/day 1:40:16, total time 243d+5:38:11.
You shall never see my color again.

Dungeon Master

Posts: 1050

Joined: Thursday, 12th June 2014, 05:19

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 17:40

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

in principle i'd recommend looking at stats that don't include 10-year-old versions of the game, but the order of hell lethality hasn't actually changed in ten years

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Sar

User avatar

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 6418

Joined: Friday, 6th July 2012, 12:48

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 18:53

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

Really? I remember pre-hell sents Dis to be considered one of the easiest branches, on par with Tar or even easier.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 8782

Joined: Sunday, 5th May 2013, 08:25

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 18:54

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

Sar wrote:Really? I remember pre-hell sents Dis to be considered one of the easiest branches, on par with Tar or even easier.
...which meant people did it first more often, which resulted in it having the most online kills anyway.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Sar

Sar

User avatar

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 6418

Joined: Friday, 6th July 2012, 12:48

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 19:02

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

That makes sense!

Tar is still the last, though. BUFF TAR BUFF ERESH

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1694

Joined: Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 20:34

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 15:35

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

duvessa wrote:
Sar wrote:Really? I remember pre-hell sents Dis to be considered one of the easiest branches, on par with Tar or even easier.
...which meant people did it first more often, which resulted in it having the most online kills anyway.


This is the exact same process that causes D1 to generate the most deaths, except it's not chosen because it's easier, it's chosen because there's no other choice.
Yet people like to point to that data to 'prove' early game is the hardest.

So if that proves early game is the hardest part, then it also proves the easiest hell is the hardest one.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1891

Joined: Monday, 1st April 2013, 04:41

Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 15:42

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

dowan wrote:
duvessa wrote:
Sar wrote:Really? I remember pre-hell sents Dis to be considered one of the easiest branches, on par with Tar or even easier.
...which meant people did it first more often, which resulted in it having the most online kills anyway.


This is the exact same process that causes D1 to generate the most deaths, except it's not chosen because it's easier, it's chosen because there's no other choice.
Yet people like to point to that data to 'prove' early game is the hardest.

So if that proves early game is the hardest part, then it also proves the easiest hell is the hardest one.


Except D:1 is also the biggest per-capita killer; not just the biggest absolute value killer.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Sandman25

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1694

Joined: Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 20:34

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 16:41

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

Ah, I should have examined the data more thoroughly, as I thought that was showing more meaningful data than just raw number of deaths. My bad.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1693

Joined: Saturday, 18th June 2016, 13:57

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 16:50

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

I'd rather substitute dart slugs on the first levels of the dungeon with marbles of fire. It gives a nice sense of closure this way, when a OOF on Z:5 hits you for 120 damage.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks: 2
Lasiace, Sprucery

Dungeon Master

Posts: 1050

Joined: Thursday, 12th June 2014, 05:19

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 18:47

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

Arrhythmia wrote:Except D:1 is also the biggest per-capita killer; not just the biggest absolute value killer.

i vaguely remember d:2 or d:3 having the highest kill rate, when i was looking it up a while back

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks:
Arrhythmia
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1891

Joined: Monday, 1st April 2013, 04:41

Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 23:05

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

PleasingFungus wrote:
Arrhythmia wrote:Except D:1 is also the biggest per-capita killer; not just the biggest absolute value killer.

i vaguely remember d:2 or d:3 having the highest kill rate, when i was looking it up a while back


I'm pretty sure it was D:2 last time I checked too; the idea is still the same though.
take it easy

Slime Squisher

Posts: 395

Joined: Monday, 28th April 2014, 19:50

Post Tuesday, 23rd August 2016, 07:27

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

Shtopit wrote:I'd rather substitute dart slugs on the first levels of the dungeon with marbles of fire. It gives a nice sense of closure this way, when a OOF on Z:5 hits you for 120 damage.

OOFs are tiny-size in game so they're basically already marbles.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1693

Joined: Saturday, 18th June 2016, 13:57

Post Tuesday, 23rd August 2016, 07:31

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

And there I thought they were as big as hayballs...
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
Rast

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Thursday, 25th August 2016, 23:40

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

WHAT?!?

THIS MUST BE RECTIFIED IMMEDIATELY!!!!
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1758

Joined: Monday, 14th October 2013, 01:05

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 00:30

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

it's like how charizard is small in the pokedex but everyone knows that's bullshit

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 467

Joined: Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 23:37

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 01:15

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

genericpseudonym wrote:
Shtopit wrote:I'd rather substitute dart slugs on the first levels of the dungeon with marbles of fire. It gives a nice sense of closure this way, when a OOF on Z:5 hits you for 120 damage.

OOFs are tiny-size in game so they're basically already marbles.

That is wrong. They are little, roughly the same size as a spriggan.

Spider Stomper

Posts: 247

Joined: Friday, 5th August 2011, 13:18

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 13:45

Re: Add OOF to Geh:7

This is how I think of OOF's. Only on fire and in a dungeon.

For this message the author minstrel has received thanks:
mibert

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.