minmay vaults

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 07:13

minmay vaults

I mentioned a couple times that I won't be making any more vaults for Crawl and this is why.
Vaults always get changed when added, and generally I accept this and am fine with it. But with the last set of vaults I submitted I included one single, very simple request in a comment above one of the vaults.
  Code:
# don't actually make a coc verison of this please
(sic)
regret-index deleted the comment and specifically made a Coc version of that vault. I know regret-index dislikes me; before this commit, the feeling was not mutual.
I cannot in good conscience try to contribute to the project when there is a real possibility that someone will choose to make the game worse solely out of spite against me, like what happened here. Even by the standards of the OSS world it is remarkably petty and childish, but I suppose stopping me from submitting anything more was probably regret-index's objective and they succeeded at it, so I actually feel a little bit of admiration.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
qwesdf

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 21:07

Re: new god for you

yeah me also
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 11:48

duvessa wrote:I mentioned a couple times that I won't be making any more vaults for Crawl and this is why.
Vaults always get changed when added, and generally I accept this and am fine with it. But with the last set of vaults I submitted I included one single, very simple request in a comment above one of the vaults.
  Code:
# don't actually make a coc verison of this please
(sic)
regret-index deleted the comment and specifically made a Coc version of that vault. I know regret-index dislikes me; before this commit, the feeling was not mutual.
I cannot in good conscience try to contribute to the project when there is a real possibility that someone will choose to make the game worse solely out of spite against me, like what happened here. Even by the standards of the OSS world it is remarkably petty and childish, but I suppose stopping me from submitting anything more was probably regret-index's objective and they succeeded at it, so I actually feel a little bit of admiration.

regret-index's commit message suggested that he removed the items from the coc version of the vault, and your comment suggested that that was the main concern you had about making it a coc vault. On the surface, it doesn't look like a case of bad intentions.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 12:34

Yeah and get your own thread, twelwe is doing some serious work here!

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
vergil

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 14:42

Re: minmay vaults

I've enjoyed your vaults and if you're firm on not submitting any more I will miss them.

For this message the author Brannock has received thanks: 2
Sandman25, vergil

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 15:24

on the other hand you made the frog pond lair ending, and that is a sin whose debt must be paid for in hell
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
Cheibrodos, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 15:25

Arrhythmia wrote:on the other hand you made the frog pond lair ending, and that is a sin whose debt must be paid for in hell

Why? It's one of the most fun and dangerous endings.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks: 3
Brannock, Sar, Sprucery

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 15:27

Sandman25 wrote:
Arrhythmia wrote:on the other hand you made the frog pond lair ending, and that is a sin whose debt must be paid for in hell

Why? It's one of the most fun and dangerous endings.

A) It's not an interesting vault in terms of terrain or threats at all, I just need to spend a lot of time on the level hanging out near the stairs.
B) It means I didn't get the hell portal vault.
take it easy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 15:35

Arrhythmia wrote:A) It's not an interesting vault in terms of terrain or threats at all, I just need to spend a lot of time on the level hanging out near the stairs.

A) Not sure what you mean. Open terrain is the best when you can be attacked by fast monsters and monsters with trampling. I remember many games where I had to use different stairs on the level and they were in view of each other. And then you approach the central isle and get attacked by Blinking Frogs while in water, that's fun.
B) The most spoiler-rewarding vault in the game IMHO. When I get it, I usually don't have MR+++ so I just don't open the door and annotate the level with "hell ending" meaning to return later. It's like it is not generated until I get MR+++.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Sar

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 15:36

different strokes i guess.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:22

splitting this to another topic completely ruined the joke...I am serious about not making more vaults because of this though

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:27

Let justice be done, though the world burn.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:30

Lasty wrote:regret-index's commit message suggested that he removed the items from the coc version of the vault, and your comment suggested that that was the main concern you had about making it a coc vault. On the surface, it doesn't look like a case of bad intentions.

Then why did he DELETE minmay's comment? Checkmate, anti-drama devs. Your attempt at neutrality is as worthless here as Belgium's was in WW1.

For this message the author lethediver has received thanks:
duvessa

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 00:23

Turns out terseness as a communication gimmick has downsides

For this message the author chequers has received thanks: 2
dowan, gammafunk

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 01:22

Arrhythmia wrote:A) It's not an interesting vault in terms of terrain or threats at all, I just need to spend a lot of time on the level hanging out near the stairs.

Move over evil_forest (the hell portal vault), there's a new king in town!
  Code:
<gammafunk> !lairendkills vlong>=0.19-a0-1012-g919fee8
<Sequell> Lair End kills (vlong>=0.19-a0-1012-g919fee8): 41x gammafunk_lair_ancient_temple (21.03%), 38x evil_forest (19.49%), 18x evilmike_catoblepas_cave (9.23%), 16x grunt_lair_end_beastmaster (8.21%), 16x hangedman_lair_tendril_chambers (8.21%), 15x wormcave (7.69%), 14x guppyfry_lair_end_dragon (7.18%), 14x minmay_lair_end_frog_pond (7.18%), 13x hangedman_lair_in_review (6.67%), 10x minmay_lair_end_enchanted_forest (5.13%)

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 01:31

gammafunk wrote:

Code:
<Sequell> Lair End kills (vlong>=0.19-a0-1012-g919fee8): 41x gammafunk_lair_ancient_temple (21.03%), 38x evil_forest (19.49%), 18x evilmike_catoblepas_cave (9.23%), 16x grunt_lair_end_beastmaster (8.21%), 16x hangedman_lair_tendril_chambers (8.21%), 15x wormcave (7.69%), 14x guppyfry_lair_end_dragon (7.18%), 14x minmay_lair_end_frog_pond (7.18%), 13x hangedman_lair_in_review (6.67%), 10x minmay_lair_end_enchanted_forest (5.13%)

Dang, haven't played this one yet. Excited!
take it easy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 01:53

guys again I originally posted this in a joke thread for a reason. it is completely out of context as a standalone thread adn i can only assume that it was split in a clumsy attempt at damaging my reputation

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 02:00

duvessa wrote:guys again I originally posted this in a joke thread for a reason. it is completely out of context as a standalone thread adn i can only assume that it was split in a clumsy attempt at damaging my reputation

gonna be honest, i thought it was a weird meltdown in the original thread too
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 6
cerebovssquire, dracos369, qwesdf, Sar, Shard1697, ydeve

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 02:04

what's the joke? what does it have to do with the new god for you? (you can't even say "explaining would ruin the joke" now because the joke is already ruined)

plus, how can something that's not a direct response be out of context as a standalone thread?

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 02:40

It wasn't a joke! He's actually mad because he feels he made a perfectly good "coc" joke and it was ruined. But if you think about it, r-i was just streamlining the joke so that a wider audience would actually "get" it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 03:54

HardboiledGargoyle wrote:what's the joke? what does it have to do with the new god for you? (you can't even say "explaining would ruin the joke" now because the joke is already ruined)
it would ruin it more, similar to how sewer_minmay_w ruined crawl but minmay_elf_hall_golems ruined crawl even more. i tried to right my wrongs but adding vaults to hells and death knights to D is wronging my rights so it just cancels out (luckily crawl is in the direction of un-ruination overall, with some excellent removals lately, but i do not feel i can personally do anything useful anymore)
gammafunk wrote:He's actually mad because he feels he made a perfectly good "coc" joke and it was ruined. But if you think about it, r-i was just streamlining the joke so that a wider audience would actually "get" it.
what about the vault that literally had "cock" in the name?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 13:28

gammafunk wrote:

Code:

Lol, making auto explore trap vaults, good job.
You shall never see my color again.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner