Phase Shift

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 09:14

Phase Shift

Idea I had last night. Bring back Phase Shift as a form spell.

Phase Shift - Translocations/Transmutations - 7/8 ish - Akashic Record unique - "You create a spacial distortion and merge yourself into it." - Doesn't meld equipment; comes with a mix of offensive and defensive boosts to all players (works with weapons and UC).

• Your melee attacks ignore the foe's defenses. (You can't miss and you ignore their AC).
  • When you would be hit by an attack (including effects which normally cannot miss, such as Fireballs and Torment), there's a spell-power dependent chance of ignoring the damage. (You weren't in the this reality at the time). Max spellpower is 50%.
  • You're constantly contaminated while in this form (chance of reaching yellow with a single cast if you don't cancel the form).
  • Occasionally causes spacial distortions (enemies may blink randomly, spatial vortex spawn)
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Sprucery

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 10:28

Re: Phase Shift

But Akashic Record is no more!

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 10:38

ololoev wrote:But Akashic Record is no more!
You're kidding, right? I had that book in my last game (which was yesterday).
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 10:39

It sounds unambiguously good

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 10:54

chequers wrote:It sounds unambiguously good
Kinda; but it competes with Haste/Invis (and to a lesser extent Irradiate/cBlink) and is expensive/rare. Probably still less powerful than Malign, TBH.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 11:19

chequers wrote:It sounds unambiguously good

Micromanaging progressive contamination gain sounds unambiguously bad.
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks:
Sandman25

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 14:11

What if instead of contamination the drawback was a chance to be sent to Abyss with a small % chance when attacking or being attacked in this form? Lots of issues to think through but possibly better than contamination.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 14:15

robotcentaur wrote:What if instead of contamination the drawback was a chance to be sent to Abyss with a small % chance when attacking or being attacked in this form? Lots of issues to think through but possibly better than contamination.

I think in most cases if you can afford to learn a lvl 7/8 transloc spell getting sent to the Abyss isn't much of a problem.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th August 2016, 14:19

You cast the spell and get outgoing damage increased by (30 + spell power-dependant bonus) % (max 40%) and incoming damage increased by (20 - spell power dependent bonus)% (min 10%) and when the spell ends, you cannot cast it again for some time (Exh or -Phase Shift status).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner