Brainstorming Race Thing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 12:48

Brainstorming Race Thing

I'd kind of like a race that's core gimmick is having no issues from contam; maybe even to the extreme of ignoring the contam. I don't really have much of an idea for it, I just think it would be cool, since for normal races...say Invis, though temporarily powerful is extremely annoying to use due to gray contam lasting for 500-1000+ turns after using it and not knowing how long after the last time you used it until you can use it again and similar fickle bullshit.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 13:37

Re: Brainstorming Race Thing

Permanent Haste is too good.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Sprucery

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 13:39

Give it permanent stasis to compensate and call it Deep Formicid.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
Sandman25

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 13:53

Permanent invis is kinda good too.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 13:56

That can be compensated with permanent Corona and now we have a nice challenge race.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
BabyRage

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:00

Whole idea is to make Invisibility usable, instead of suicidal.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:11

A single cast of Invisibility cannot give yellow contamination so it is never suicidal unless player made a mistake (like casted the spell while having some contamination or together with haste)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:42

bcadren wrote:Whole idea is to make Invisibility usable, instead of suicidal.

???
take it easy

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:43

Sandman25 wrote:A single cast of Invisibility cannot give yellow contamination so it is never suicidal unless player made a mistake (like casted the spell while having some contamination or together with haste)
A mistake like not leaving the whole entire branch back to the early dungeon to rest for 1000+ turn to get rid of the contam? (Seriously it feels like you have to do that).

[Seriously; current game has gotten into bad contam a lot because I use Invis seriously in a fight, leave the floor in order to rest, then get ambushed while resting and have no fucking clue if I've rested long enough to be able to use it again or not...plus it's a fucking cat so I'm not exactly able to fight most things without buffs. It's very very annoying; I wish I'd invested XP elsewhere and never learned that godforsaken spell; some nice conjurations are so much less finicky.]
Last edited by bcadren on Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:51

bcadren wrote:
Sandman25 wrote:A single cast of Invisibility cannot give yellow contamination so it is never suicidal unless player made a mistake (like casted the spell while having some contamination or together with haste)
A mistake like not leaving the whole entire branch back to the early dungeon to rest for 1000+ turn to get rid of the contam? (Seriously it feels like you have to do that).

If "contam takes too long to rest away" is an issue, I can think of an easier, more obvious solution than inventing a new race.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 23:51

bcadren wrote:A mistake like not leaving the whole entire branch back to the early dungeon to rest for 1000+ turn to get rid of the contam? (Seriously it feels like you have to do that).

If you have no other way of killing things except invisibility, then yes, continuing exploring is a mistake. You can press 5 several times to wait the contam to disappear, I've spectated top players doing that.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner