Replacements for ring of loudness/teleportation

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Barkeep

Post Friday, 12th August 2016, 13:18

Replacements for ring of loudness/teleportation

I was thinking about removal of curses except for Ash while taking a shower, and thought up two ideas for rings to replace loudness and teleportation.

ring of power
As you gain experience while wearing it, the ring gives increasing +all stats, scaling from 0 up to +x (I'm thinking +5). As this happens the ring "hums" more and more loudly with, uh, power, creating a lot of noise. You can only wear one ring of power. If you remove the ring of power, the +stats reset to 0. Once you get to +1 you get prompted if you want to remove it.

ring of life
As you gain experience while wearing it, this ring gives increasing +HP scaling from 0 up to +y (I'm thinking +12?). However, it reduces all experience you gain by 10% while you wear it. You can only wear one ring of life. If you remove the ring of life, the +HP resets to 0. Once you get to +1 HP, you get prompted about removing the ring of life.

Obviously numbers can be tweaked for balance. These might be more appropriate as unrandarts, though in that case the x and y should be higher and the penalties more severe.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 12th August 2016, 13:48

Re: Replacements for ring of loudness/teleportation

and into wrote:I was thinking about removal of curses except for Ash while taking a shower

But the best ideas come while you're sitting on the toilet, you know...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
and into

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 12th August 2016, 13:58

I have a better malus for the first ring if you want to make it a randart! The ring would still give you +all stats, but also decrease your movement speed, scaling up to +15 to all stats and -50% movement speed :>

Silly joke aside, I think these rings would be worth consideration (unlike amulet of harm) and I would be happy to see them in the game, especially the new ring of loudness. Rings are normally swappable, though, so your effects seem to suit amulets more. (I wouldn't have a problem with non-swappable rings, just mentioning)

Whether to remove curses - it is a bigger topic which I do not even want to touch.

For this message the author Bart has received thanks: 3
and into, nago, Rast

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 12th August 2016, 23:28

if you can only wear one of them wouldn't it be better to make them amulets?

For this message the author CanOfWorms has received thanks:
duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 12th August 2016, 23:39

and into wrote:ring of life
As you gain experience while wearing it, this ring gives increasing +HP scaling from 0 up to +y (I'm thinking +12?). However, it reduces all experience you gain by 10% while you wear it. You can only wear one ring of life. If you remove the ring of life, the +HP resets to 0. Once you get to +1 HP, you get prompted about removing the ring of life.
what on earth is the point of this? just put 10% of your experience into fighting skill

power sounds more sensible but i don't see what's wrong with the existing +stat rings

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner