What if enemy teleport other was like *tele

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 22nd July 2016, 23:43

What if enemy teleport other was like *tele

Instead of annoying you by moving you to a random spot on the level it could annoy and threaten you by moving you to a random enemy on the level.

Maybe tele traps should do so too.

For this message the author genericpseudonym has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, ololoev

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 22nd July 2016, 23:45

Re: What if enemy teleport other was like *tele

Would be an improvement. Potential drawback: encourages player to leave some (sleeping) pushover enemies alive, as "teleport anchors". This can also be circumvented, but then it's getting more complicated :(

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, duvessa, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 23rd July 2016, 04:37

It's the opposite of an improvement, specifically because of that issue.

When blink other and blink allies encircling exist, is there any compelling reason to have monster teleport other at all?

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
nago, Rast

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 07:14

Speaking of blink allies encircling, does it still use monster LoS rather than your LoS? Because that's awful.

I don't want to play like every guardian serpent hangs out with 20 anacondas that are just out of my sight, waiting to be ported directly into my face.

For this message the author Croases has received thanks: 2
Rast, xentronium

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 12:24

dpeg wrote:Would be an improvement. Potential drawback: encourages player to leave some (sleeping) pushover enemies alive, as "teleport anchors". This can also be circumvented, but then it's getting more complicated :(

Just tweak the code that determines where to teleport you towards landing on an unexplored territory.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 19:17

duvessa wrote:It's the opposite of an improvement, specifically because of that issue.

When blink other and blink allies encircling exist, is there any compelling reason to have monster teleport other at all?

monster teleport other was almost completely removed about a year ago, because, yeah, it's not very compelling. it's only left on... naga mages & greater naga, apparently, and tbh i'd never realized it was on the former. (Possibly because their lower spellpower means it rarely connects?)

i feel like it's mostly relevant on greater naga when it ends up cancelling a teleport you had pending (or causes you to accidentally cancel the teleport it placed on you when trying to start your own!), which is not the most amazing niche.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 19:26

PleasingFungus wrote:monster teleport other was almost completely removed about a year ago, because, yeah, it's not very compelling. it's only left on... naga mages & greater naga, apparently
and ghosts, and stuff with chaos/distortion, and...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 20:26

PleasingFungus wrote:
duvessa wrote:It's the opposite of an improvement, specifically because of that issue.

monster teleport other was almost completely removed about a year ago, because, yeah, it's not very compelling. it's only left on... naga mages & greater naga, apparently, and tbh i'd never realized it was on the former. (Possibly because their lower spellpower means it rarely connects?)

i feel like it's mostly relevant on greater naga when it ends up cancelling a teleport you had pending (or causes you to accidentally cancel the teleport it placed on you when trying to start your own!), which is not the most amazing niche.

What if greater nagas would only cast it at you if you had the tele staus already? ;)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
Rast

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 20:51

Dimensional Anchor greater nagas sound like a solid idea.

In fact, forced teleports from distortion et al. can be converted to anchor too. Am I alone in never really liking distortion teleporting enemies as well?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner