Sword of Cerebov on the wiki

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 15th July 2016, 23:39

Sword of Cerebov on the wiki

This article seems incorrect. It says "As compared to a claymore of freezing, at high skills this sword will have slightly lower raw damage. However, a larger portion of its damage will be due to the AC-bypassing flaming brand, meaning that this sword's performance will be comparable or even slightly better on average. "

The claymore reference is just because it's out of date a bit, no big deal, but it claims the flaming brand bypasses AC. That's surely not true, right?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 16th July 2016, 02:38

Re: Sword of Cerebov on the wiki

The wiki is wrong? Someone stop the presses!
take it easy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 16th July 2016, 03:09

Heh, I know, but occasionally someone who maintains the wiki will see a post like this and fix it.

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 16th July 2016, 03:45

Cerebov's sword's fire damage ignores one pip of rF, it treats ac the same as normal triple swords of fire.
(Or at least it used to, i havent looked in a long time)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 16th July 2016, 21:49

Cerebov's sword lowers rF temporarily by one for all sources of fire damage, not only for itself. And flaming brand damage is based on the weapon damage reduced by AC, and by itself is not reduced by AC again, so in a sense, it does bypass the AC. Due to lower resistance the portion of flaming damage will indeed be bigger. I have no idea however, how the final damage compares to a triple sword.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 18th July 2016, 02:51

dowan wrote:Heh, I know, but occasionally someone who maintains the wiki will see a post like this and fix it.

:| I don't really maintain the wiki, I only occasionally change something.

stickyfingers wrote:Cerebov's sword lowers rF temporarily by one for all sources of fire damage, not only for itself. And flaming brand damage is based on the weapon damage reduced by AC, and by itself is not reduced by AC again, so in a sense, it does bypass the AC. Due to lower resistance the portion of flaming damage will indeed be bigger. I have no idea however, how the final damage compares to a triple sword.

You can also view branded weapons as being more affected by AC. A 10-damage sword that does x2.5 from holy wrath is going to be weaker against armor than a 25-damage sword -- against an AC roll of 8, one will do up to 5 damage while the other does 17.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner