Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible


If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Barkeep

Posts: 3890

Joined: Wednesday, 14th August 2013, 23:25

Location: USA

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 17:02

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Don't take Kiku on a necromancer, you already have necromancy spells so you won't get as much. (bad advice and bad reasoning)

For this message the author and into has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, nago
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1691

Joined: Monday, 14th October 2013, 01:05

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 01:12

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You shouldn't equip glowing weapons on a gozag character, because if you get distortion you'll banish some enemies and hinder your gold gain.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
nago

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 452

Joined: Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 23:37

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 02:26

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

In recent versions, all branded weapons are identified on sight.
User avatar

Tomb Titivator

Posts: 802

Joined: Sunday, 30th March 2014, 21:06

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 02:48

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Don't eat to engorged all the time, because you'll gain weight.
Comborobin Admin
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1691

Joined: Monday, 14th October 2013, 01:05

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 06:01

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

arandomperson12 wrote:In recent versions, all branded weapons are identified on sight.
Only ones wielded by enemies, branded weapons that are just lying on the ground and have not been picked up are unidentified.

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 452

Joined: Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 23:37

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 16:41

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

I'm pretty sure ground weapons also have brand shown (but I might be wrong).
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1779

Joined: Monday, 18th February 2013, 07:59

Location: France

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 16:46

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Shard1697 wrote:
arandomperson12 wrote:In recent versions, all branded weapons are identified on sight.
Only ones wielded by enemies, branded weapons that are just lying on the ground and have not been picked up are unidentified.
And only the ones you see a monster with... For example if you fireball a foe you haven't seen behind a corner (let's say orc pack), its weapon won't be identified ! :evil:
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1667

Joined: Saturday, 11th October 2014, 06:12

Location: Brazil. RS, Santa Cruz do Sul.

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 19:56

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should kill pikel's slaves as soon as you free them because they might wander and kill enemies wielding branded weapons out of your sight.
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks: 9
Arrhythmia, chequers, Cimanyd, nago, PleasingFungus, Rast, Shard1697, vergil, WingedEspeon

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 21:09

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You shouldn't worship Chei because he prevents you from berserking to run to staircases.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 390

Joined: Monday, 28th April 2014, 19:50

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 04:16

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You shouldn't berserk to run to staircases because you want to be axing 8 enemies at once to maximize the chance that Trog will extend your berserk duration after a kill.

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 451

Joined: Friday, 24th June 2016, 14:09

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 05:35

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

dracos369 wrote:Don't wear Orange crystal plate armor on melee dudes, cause what use to you is archmagi anyway?


I know it's a joke but I found orange plays armour in early dungeons as a GrBe and it was pretty much a free 3 rune game from there ( it was a free 3 rune game when i picked GrBe)

Shoals Surfer

Posts: 261

Joined: Sunday, 23rd March 2014, 23:51

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 13:13

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

It is more important to identify your potions first over your scrolls; you want to find out which potion type is mutation as soon as possible to be able to drink them.

For this message the author Floodkiller has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Spider Stomper

Posts: 225

Joined: Friday, 17th April 2015, 16:22

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 23:28

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Worshipping Kikubaaqudgha is a good choice because he lets you summon corpses which you can butcher to extend your berserk duration while you run to staircases.

For this message the author Doesnt has received thanks: 3
chequers, genericpseudonym, Ultraviolent4
User avatar

Pandemonium Purger

Posts: 1303

Joined: Monday, 24th October 2011, 06:13

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 00:32

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

you should post because your postcount goes up
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, nago, PleasingFungus, vergil

Slime Squisher

Posts: 390

Joined: Monday, 28th April 2014, 19:50

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 09:57

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

twelwe wrote:you should post because your postcount goes up

This is incorrect
The only reason to post is to acquire thankses

For this message the author genericpseudonym has received thanks: 5
Arrhythmia, BabyRage, Cimanyd, IronCretin, vergil
User avatar

Shoals Surfer

Posts: 273

Joined: Monday, 23rd November 2015, 23:18

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 11:39

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

The Shining One is a great god for the extended game because they give you extra shield skill. Cerebov is the most dangerous enemy in extended because his melee hits do tremendous damage, which shields can block.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling


duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Shoals Surfer

Posts: 324

Joined: Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 13:23

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 12:50

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Don't save enchant armour scrolls for GDA because if you can kill a gold dragon you should be strong enough to find more of those scrolls by scumming the Abyss or clearing half of a Ziggurat.
Offline greaterplayer (who cares). I don't always play online, but when i do, i streak felids.
Zot:5 on easy mode video
Double Skullcrusher

For this message the author ZoFy has received thanks: 2
chequers, genericpseudonym
User avatar

Tomb Titivator

Posts: 802

Joined: Sunday, 30th March 2014, 21:06

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 13:08

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

MiBe is like HOBe because there's a 'b' in both.
Comborobin Admin
User avatar

Dis Charger

Posts: 2056

Joined: Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 08:25

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 16:22

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Play a Formacid, Quaffing Potions of Haste won't give you any Contam.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
genericpseudonym
User avatar

Snake Sneak

Posts: 126

Joined: Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 06:22

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 03:06

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

play a formicid because this way you'll never run out of blink scrolls!
User avatar

Dis Charger

Posts: 2056

Joined: Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 08:25

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 06:50

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Corpse Rot is a really good spell. Standing in a cloud of miasma will prevent a Catoblepas from petrifying you!
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, chequers, Floodkiller, PleasingFungus

Swamp Slogger

Posts: 143

Joined: Friday, 23rd October 2015, 03:12

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 21:21

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Poison magic is better than earth, since with earth you have to wait for a staff of earth, but with poison the staff of poison OR the staff of Olgreb will do.

For this message the author phloomp has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Swamp Slogger

Posts: 170

Joined: Wednesday, 13th July 2016, 09:30

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 21:24

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Using passwall near freezing clouds may sometimes lead you to a secret Pakellas vault.
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.
In progress: DsWn... Currently out of time. Maybe someday.

Watch my streams here

Shoals Surfer

Posts: 289

Joined: Wednesday, 9th July 2014, 08:20

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 21:26

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

It is not recommended to play mummies as a beginner, as they can't cast Necromutation.

For this message the author Croases has received thanks: 7
Arrhythmia, chequers, genericpseudonym, nago, PleasingFungus, reosarevok, Sar

Crypt Cleanser

Posts: 713

Joined: Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 11:04

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 11:13

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should always play Ogres because there's no way telling when Talos plate mail shows up.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Sar

User avatar

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 6418

Joined: Friday, 6th July 2012, 12:48

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 11:22

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

kuniqs wrote:You should always play Ogres because there's no way telling when Talos plate mail shows up.

There is: never!

Crypt Cleanser

Posts: 713

Joined: Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 11:04

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 12:34

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should learn Passage of Golubria whenever you find it - it saves lots of permafood when backtracking.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 452

Joined: Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 23:37

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 12:43

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

It is useful for formicids and people in heavy armour who can't cast cblink.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 13:29

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should always learn Passage of Golubria as MiFi, after that you can stop training Translocations for CBlink and switch to heavy armour from robe.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 14:00

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Worship Chei because you will be able to use aftefacts with stat penalties like +1 pair of boots of Absence {rF+ Str-3 Dex+3 Stlth+} and amulet of Waog {+Fly rElec Regen+ Str-5 Stlth+}.

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1667

Joined: Saturday, 11th October 2014, 06:12

Location: Brazil. RS, Santa Cruz do Sul.

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 14:32

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should play TeTm because flying spider form can easily reach 50EV
You shall never see my color again.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 14:35

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

dynast wrote:You should play TeTm because flying spider form can easily reach 50EV


This is not bad reasoning IMHO. Also TeTm can kite normal speed monsters in spider form, I spectated it and it was hilarious.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1843

Joined: Monday, 1st April 2013, 04:41

Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 14:36

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Direct people to this thread when you're having an argument on the tavern, they'll probably thank my posts!
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
genericpseudonym

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1694

Joined: Tuesday, 31st March 2015, 20:34

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 15:14

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

After having an argument on the forum, come to this thread and post a strawman version of what your opponent said. This will get you many thanks, and it's a little known fact that the more thanks you have on the forums, the better the RNG works for you in the game.

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
duvessa

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1667

Joined: Saturday, 11th October 2014, 06:12

Location: Brazil. RS, Santa Cruz do Sul.

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 16:29

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Sandman25 wrote:
dynast wrote:You should play TeTm because flying spider form can easily reach 50EV


This is not bad reasoning IMHO. Also TeTm can kite normal speed monsters in spider form, I spectated it and it was hilarious.

It was bad advice with good reasoning.
You shall never see my color again.

Crypt Cleanser

Posts: 713

Joined: Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 11:04

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 16:32

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

You should always go Chei because luring is evil
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 16:58

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

dynast wrote:It was bad advice with good reasoning.


I believe bad advice cannot consist in suggestion to play a combo. Unless you meant it was an advice for a new player looking the easiest combo for first win.

Spider Stomper

Posts: 225

Joined: Friday, 17th April 2015, 16:22

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 17:26

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

play a tetm because you can be a goddamn flying spider holy shit

For this message the author Doesnt has received thanks: 7
Lasiace, PleasingFungus, reosarevok, Sandman25, Sar, Shard1697, vergil

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 18:16

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Image

If you're a Formicid in a hurry, use a wand of digging instead of mandibles! It saves on hunger, so you won't starve as you run away.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

For this message the author jwoodward48ss has received thanks: 2
Blomdor, vergil

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1667

Joined: Saturday, 11th October 2014, 06:12

Location: Brazil. RS, Santa Cruz do Sul.

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 18:32

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Sandman25 wrote:
dynast wrote:It was bad advice with good reasoning.


I believe bad advice cannot consist in suggestion to play a combo. Unless you meant it was an advice for a new player looking the easiest combo for first win.

DUDE...
You shall never see my color again.

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 19:21

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Play a MuCK!

Interpreted by everyone as:

MuCK are either viable or fun!

If neither, bad advice.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 19:29

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

jwoodward48ss wrote:Play a MuCK!

Interpreted by everyone as:

MuCK are either viable or fun!

If neither, bad advice.


Why? Fun is subjective and MuCK is viable, people win it regularly. Also some players like challenge/unusual game even when they don't think they can win (like I played a character who could do nothing but cast spells).
Specifically I won MuCK after someone suggested it to play for me on the forum so I literally followed the "bad" advice ;)

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 19:54

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

I'm not saying it -is- bad advice. I'm just saying that bad advice is a thing that happens.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 19:58

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

And I am saying that "You should play TeTm because" (or any other combo) is not a bad advice.

Sar

User avatar

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 6418

Joined: Friday, 6th July 2012, 12:48

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 20:16

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

It is a bad advice if someone is asking for a good Tm race, or a good melee character and you just recommend TeTm without any further explanation.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 11111

Joined: Friday, 8th February 2013, 12:00

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 20:20

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Sar wrote:It is a bad advice if someone is asking for a good Tm race, or a good melee character and you just recommend TeTm without any further explanation.


Yes, this is what I meant with
Sandman25 wrote:I believe bad advice cannot consist in suggestion to play a combo. Unless you meant it was an advice for a new player looking the easiest combo for first win.


Without any conditions/requests it is not a bad advice. Maybe I have professional deformation, idk.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Sar

Slime Squisher

Posts: 374

Joined: Saturday, 29th March 2014, 20:53

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 21:00

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Always lure enemies away and fight them one on one, because it isn't honorable to engage in reckless brawling. Encounters between monsters and adventurers should always be fair, respectable duels. An unprincipled and uncultured adventurer is unworthy of the title. One must always remember to issue a polite challenge before sparring, and give one's opponent as much time as is needed to prepare. In addition, a truly skilled duelist will allow their opponent to make the first move.

For this message the author Blomdor has received thanks:
vergil

Snake Sneak

Posts: 91

Joined: Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 17:12

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 21:44

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Don't wield-ID a "runed" or "glowing" blowgun, because if cursed it will stick to your lips, or your tengu beak, or your mummy-face-wrappings. But you can then use it to poke a foe in the eye, so there is that ....

Blades Runner

Posts: 536

Joined: Friday, 1st April 2016, 18:15

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2016, 22:27

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

Actually, what would the blowgun stick to? Presumably the hands, as the lips are just the force-inducer. (Otherwise, you could still wield things, just not be able to read.)
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 482

Joined: Saturday, 12th December 2015, 23:54

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2016, 02:23

Re: Give advice using the absolute worst reasoning possible

DDSk is one of the strongest skald starts because you take less damage than other races when enemies hit your spectral weapon.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 4
BabyRage, chequers, Floodkiller, Sar
PreviousNext

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.