DCSS Calculator Beta v0.1

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 04:44

DCSS Calculator Beta v0.1

Link : http://pastebin.com/6uUGFxvP

Comprehensive calculator for weapon average DPT (damage per turn),
spell success rate with given armour/shield penalty and corresponding weapon/magic skill level.

This is still under development and incomplete, so some of them can be inaccurate and undeveloped.

How to use:

1. Visit the pastebin link.
2. Copy and paste to your new .txt file.
3. Save it as .html file.
4. Open it and use.

What is inaccurate or unimplemented:

1. Off-hand punch for unarmed attack is unimplemented.
2. Several additional attacks by mutations for unarmed attack is unimplemented.
3. Riposte for long blades is not considered.
4. Brand of weapon.
5. Racial difference in shield penalty.
6. Throwing weapons.
7. Buffs on monsters (e.g. Spriggan air mages' deflecting missiles)

To-do list in future:

1. Everything in the "what is inaccurate or unimplemented" list.
2. Spell power, spell hunger, damage, misc for each individual spells.
3. Calculation on AC/EV of players.
4. Implement player mutation settings.
5. Implement racial differences.
6. Insert unrandarts.
7. Visualize distribution of damage by weapons/spells.
8. Insert evocables (e.g. calculate damage of rod of inaccuracy with varying evoc lv)
9. Insert god abilities (e.g. calculate damage/duration of cleansing flame with varing invoc lv)
10. Insert individual monster data set.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

For this message the author papilio has received thanks:
DracheReborn

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 04:53

Re: DCSS Calculator Beta v0.1

Hey OP here's a challenge for you: Let's say I've got some goal "I want Fireball under 5% in Scale Mail". It'd be cool if I could it that information, my species and stats, and it would spit out the most XP-efficient distribution of skill across Spc, spell schools, and Armour to reach that goal.
take it easy

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 05:15

Arrhythmia wrote:Hey OP here's a challenge for you: Let's say I've got some goal "I want Fireball under 5% in Scale Mail". It'd be cool if I could it that information, my species and stats, and it would spit out the most XP-efficient distribution of skill across Spc, spell schools, and Armour to reach that goal.

You can do it yourself with the aid of the current version of calculator. Of course it's not trivial, for now. (In fact, the information of species that you play is essentially needed)

For example, let's do a calculation with the current version of calculator:

"I want Yara, Haste, DMsl, Abjuration, PProj all <10% with Centaur Hunter in Chain Mail, INT 10. Please give optimal XP-distribution for each skill lvs!"

0) Variables are Armour/Spellcasting/Transmut/Hex/Charm/Air/Summon/Transloc, with the constraints
Transmut=Hex=Summon, Charm=Air.

1) First assume there's no armour (=Robe). You can do the following algorithm to get an optimal settings:

- First compute XP needed for leveling up each skill, based on aptitude and current level of the skill of the character.
Centaur has aptitudes of -3 on Spellcasting, -1 on others, so Spellcasting 0->1 costs 84XP, Others 0->1 costs 59XP.
Spell success rate mainly depends on (Spellcasting/4) + (Average of levels of depending schools).
So, In case of stabilizing only Deflect Missiles, if (NextLVXP for Charm, Air)/2 < (NextLVXP for Spellcasting), level up Charm and Air. If not, level up Spellcasting.
Do it again until success rate reaches >90%.
For stabilizing multiple spells, you can use another inequality: (Sum of NextLVXP for spell schools)/4 < (NextLVXP for Spellcasting).

By doing so you can get that the optimal-XP setting for "Yara, Haste, DMsl, Abjuration, PProj all <10% with Centaur Hunter in Robe, INT 10."
is Spellcasting 10, Hex 8, Transmut 8, Charm 12, Air 12, Transloc 5, Summon 8 .

2) Now do this again with Chain mail, this time focused with varying armour skill lv. You can do it by comparing two math values:
(improvement in success rate when armour lv is increased by 1)/(NextLVXP for armour) vs. (improvement in success rate when skill lv is increased by 1)/(NextLVXP for magic schools)

Detailed calculation is too tedious to write here: but in conclusion, the optimal solution for "Yara, Haste, DMsl, Abjuration, PProj all <10% with Centaur Hunter in Chain Mail, INT 10."
is Armour 14, Spellcasting 15, Hex 13, Transmut 13, Charm 18, Air 18, Transloc 9, Summon 13 .

OK, I'm planning to officially introduce that optimization algorithm on this calculator. However, it couldn't be done for very soon.
Last edited by papilio on Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

For this message the author papilio has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 05:34

You could host a live version of this on github pages, and then you'd have version control for changes too.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 21:01

If it's at all helpful I have some really old spreadsheets in google docs that implement some of this, no guarantee they're up to date though:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UJyakZJTkU
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner