Random roleplaying lines

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2011, 17:28

Random roleplaying lines

Let's make a collection of roleplaying lines for those willing to go for the Orb of Zot for some imaginary reason.

For example:

You want to become famous for resurrecting the long extinct race of faerie dragons using the fabulous powers of the Orb of Zot! Rumors say the great Enchantress of Spriggans owns one of the few faerie dragon armours left in this realm: you'll need both this armour and the Orb in order to resurrect the ancient race! Of course, you must never wear this armour, for you feel the resurrected dragon will be inclined to return you under its scales - or, if said simply, eat you!

Do you have any other weird roleplaying ideas?
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 03:49

Re: Random roleplaying lines

Donald is your big bro. Donald and you always like to compete with each other. Now both of you dive into the dungeon to see who can retrieve the Orb of Zot. Piss Donald off by getting the Orb; of course, you should never kill him.

For this message the author pratamawirya has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 04:24

your are an elitist to the point of foolishness, when you find branded items or artifacts you must always use them, and can only replace them with superior items.
even if you find a mutation causing artifact, you must use it till you find a better artifact to take its place, a cursed club of pain is better than an unbranded katana to you, a randart -5 str -5 int +1dex is more appealing than a simple ring of resist fire and your +1 platemail is thrown aside for a +2 robe of reisst cold..
affirmative, i poked one with a stick, it was dead.

For this message the author robotdinosaur has received thanks: 2
MyOtheHedgeFox, pratamawirya

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 15:25

robotdinosaur wrote:a cursed club of pain is better than an unbranded katana to you

I do believe clubs and rocks are no longer branded (I don't think rocks ever were), which sucks because I used to love getting that club of pain from Grinder.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 15:45

You are trying to get the orb to promote your racial identity. Natually this means you are not allowed to kill any members of the same race as you.

Allowed races are kobold, elf, troll, orc (not priest), and ogre. Centuar or mummy might be kinda fun too.

For this message the author Yet Another Stupid Noob has received thanks: 2

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 19:46

Yet Another Stupid Noob wrote:You are trying to get the orb to promote your racial identity. Natually this means you are not allowed to kill any members of the same race as you.

Allowed races are kobold, elf, troll, orc (not priest), and ogre. Centuar or mummy might be kinda fun too.

Human, if you want to be stuck with leaving a lot of uniques alive and very angry with you. And good luck getting past the welcoming committee in Vault:8! (Good reason to skip the silver rune...)
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2011, 20:18

You are Tantalus. Tired with the pool-of-water-and-branches-just-out-of-reach schtick, the gods devise a new punishment for you: you must forever seek the Orb of Zot. You've never even seen the Orb, and every time you try to reach it you are sooner or later killed in a new, random, and often stupid manner. But even though you die each time, each time you are reborn you feel compelled to try again to reach it, and again, and again... always to be denied, always to try again...

For this message the author Confidence Interval has received thanks: 5
Grimm, jejorda2, Mackerel, mageykun, Stormfox

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 06:33

XuaXua wrote:club of pain

This is now the name of the unofficial Crawl fan club.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 3
AtT, MyOtheHedgeFox, pratamawirya

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 06:37

You have heard that the Orb of Zot will give you access to a mysterious realm of knowledge. It is said that when powered up, the Orb will display mystic signs and images on its surface, emit musical tones, and allow you to communicate with beings in other lands.

Best of all it's said to be only $19.99/mo for the first six months, and to include basic cable.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks:
Zelkelion

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 08:51

Grimm wrote:You have heard that the Orb of Zot will give you access to a mysterious realm of knowledge. It is said that when powered up, the Orb will display mystic signs and images on its surface, emit musical tones, and allow you to communicate with beings in other lands.

Best of all it's said to be only $19.99/mo for the first six months, and to include basic cable.

I've heard the Orb has very patchy coverage.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 08:57

Wouldn't it be great if, when your character emerged from the dungeon with the Orb, he would turn the Orb on and start playing a game of Crawl on it. So you'd be working the controls to make your character work his controls, looking at a tiny screen. Other characters would gather around and kibitz.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 2

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 09:45

Grimm wrote:Wouldn't it be great if, when your character emerged from the dungeon with the Orb, he would turn the Orb on and start playing a game of Crawl on it. So you'd be working the controls to make your character work his controls, looking at a tiny screen. Other characters would gather around and kibitz.

Worlds within worlds...

Sigmund watches your Crawl-playing efforts.
Sigmund kibitzes.
Sigmund says "Don't unwield that dagger of distortion, jackass!"
Sigmund says "OMFG you're such a noob. I can't believe you ever made it to the Orb."

For this message the author Confidence Interval has received thanks: 2
Grimm, MyOtheHedgeFox

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 10:35

Confidence Interval wrote:Sigmund watches your Crawl-playing efforts.
Sigmund kibitzes.
Sigmund says "OMFG you're such a noob. I can't believe you ever made it to the Orb."

Mennas joins the crowd watching you playing Crawl.
Mennas shouts "Yo! Don't forget to Death Channel that Hydra."
Mennas says "Just blast it off with your Wand of Draining."
The crowd looks awkwardly at Mennas.

For this message the author pratamawirya has received thanks: 2
MyOtheHedgeFox, Zelkelion

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 11:58

Erica shouts "Yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! Show those gnolls who's boss!"
Erica says "That's a very cute robe you have on. Looks great against your pallid skin!"
Erica says "What's a cute ghoul like you doing in a place like this anyway? What time do you get off?"
There is an awkward silence.

For this message the author Confidence Interval has received thanks: 4
Grimm, MyOtheHedgeFox, pratamawirya, Zelkelion

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 14:06

Grimm wrote:
XuaXua wrote:club of pain

This is now the name of the unofficial Crawl fan club.

Should I make a userbar for it? :D
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 20:08

first rule of a club of pain - you do not talk about a club of pain.

For this message the author Curio has received thanks: 2
AtT, Grimm

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 01:34

This is some quality comedy. Or Crawlmedy.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 2
pratamawirya, Zelkelion

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 01:46

Necromancers do it with the club of pain.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

For this message the author XuaXua has received thanks:
Grimm

Sewers Scotsman

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 09:26

Grimm wrote:This is some quality comedy. Or Crawlmedy.

Ouch. That one caused me some pain...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 07:00

You're in the club!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 07:05

No pain, no game.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 07:45

Who is going to be the game then?

Sewers Scotsman

Post Tuesday, 12th July 2011, 15:33

Back on topic:

You are a dedicated adventurer and dungeon explorer, seeking through many reincarnations for new experiences, new creatures, new treasures. But you have dreams - such strange, frightening dreams! - of an alternative world where you lead a weird other life: a hideous life of computers, relationships, and online forums. From these dreams your awakening to real life is marked always by sitting by a computer and starting to play a game... and you wake, back to the familiar dungeon, back to the land of the waking.

You have heard of an orb, a strange orb with amazing powers. Perhaps it is the thing that can free you from these outlandish dreams and keep you always in the real world... You must find the orb!

Bim

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2011, 12:32

You are a dedicated adventurer and dungeon explorer, seeking through many reincarnations for new experiences, new creatures, new treasures. But you have dreams - such strange, frightening dreams! - of an alternative world where you lead a weird other life: a hideous life of computers, relationships, and online forums. From these dreams your awakening to real life is marked always by sitting by a computer and starting to play a game... and you wake, back to the familiar dungeon, back to the land of the waking.

You have heard of an orb, a strange orb with amazing powers. Perhaps it is the thing that can free you from these outlandish dreams and keep you always in the real world... You must find the orb!

This HAS, and I mean REALLY HAS, to replace the starting text. Please. Please please. You can ignore all my future suggestions and I promise I'll agree with whatever Dev puts this in forever, even if I think the balance is completely wrong and 6 headed hydra's don't really belong on D2, I'll still agree.
2012 Winner of fewest proposed ideas implemented by devs.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2011, 15:39

Bim wrote:

This HAS, and I mean REALLY HAS, to replace the starting text. Please. Please please. You can ignore all my future suggestions and I promise I'll agree with whatever Dev puts this in forever, even if I think the balance is completely wrong and 6 headed hydra's don't really belong on D2, I'll still agree.

make it an easter egg so the text changes to this and the picture changes when you start a game on 1 april?
A troll caster is a hybrid

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2011, 01:06

You are an aspiring adventurer and which to join the greatest and most prestigious adventuring group: The Zot Adventuring Guild. However, the ZAG is picky on who it allows to join its ranks, especially since most are highly inexperience, but as developed a deviously clever solution to the problem. To filter out new recruits to find the one worthy to joining, as well as to make sure he is well trained and experienced, the ZAG has constructed a twenty-seven level dungeon with many side-branches. At the bottom, they have placed a relic called the Orb of Zot. Whoever can retrieve the Orb will be the one person out of the whole group allowed to join their ranks. The rest who fail typically get killed in the dungeon, but that's not a big concern as there is a constant stream of new candidates every day.

You're decending in hopes to join the ZAG. You know there are others going after it too, such as Sigmund, who used to bully you in school, and Donald, who just so happens to hate you. And still stories hold that previous candidates who died trying to get the Orb haven't quite given up yet as they know full well the undead are completely eligible to join the ZAG. You cannot let any of them stand in your way and retrieve the Orb before you do.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 5th November 2011, 16:35

You are a stoned death metal fan (Human Skald). You love large swords, axes and everything else with a lot of metal, spikes and blades. You HAVE to worship a dark god (preferrably Kikubaaqudgha or Yredelemnul) and learn each and every necromantic spell you can. Each enemy mesmerizes you (COME BACK, YOU DIRTY SPRIGGAN RAT!!! I SHALL DESTROY YOU!!!). If you ever use invisibility, you use it to suddenly reappear in the very middle of a large group of enemies and annihilate them while singing "The Power Of Thy Sword".

For more fun, try playing as a Halfling Skald with the same flavour rules.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 5th November 2011, 20:33

You are a powerful wizard named Zot. You have just finished creating a fabulous (but functionally useless) Orb of Yourself. You have decided to amuse yourself by spreading rumors of its power and desirability throughout the land, and luring hapless adventurers to your realm. You must create a dungeon 27 levels deep that breaks the fabric of reality by containing passages to the surface world, Egypt, the Abyss and Hell itself. In order to keep adventurers returning over and over again, the dungeon must feature a progression of increasingly difficult and frustrating challenges, with the promise that they "Will get just a little farther next time."

For this message the author File200 has received thanks:
TehDruid

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 18th August 2013, 17:56

Being the only surivor of an orcish raid on your home town, you hunt for the orb in order to annihilate Beogh and to rebuild your village.

Kill every orc that you see as fast as possible and butcher their corpses if they leave one.
You are forbidden to use any orcish gear and you must fight as violent as possible if in combat with an orc. (Blasting him into pieces, Sticky flame him, etc.)

Allowed races: Humans, Elfes, Halflings, Deep Dwarf and Spriggan
Du hast dich zu weit vorgewagt, (Hinter diesen Mauern!) dich durch dieses Tor gewagt! (Hinter diesen Mauern!)

For this message the author aegis has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 18th August 2013, 18:00

aegis: Nice one! To be complemented by: you have to destroy (disintegrate, or certain spells) each and every orcish idol you come across.

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks: 2
aegis, MyOtheHedgeFox

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 10th September 2013, 12:37

pratamawirya wrote:
Confidence Interval wrote:Sigmund watches your Crawl-playing efforts.
Sigmund kibitzes.

Mennas joins the crowd watching you playing Crawl.
Mennas shouts "Yo! Don't forget to Death Channel that Hydra."
Mennas says "Just blast it off with your Wand of Draining."
The crowd looks awkwardly at Mennas.

How can Mennas speak like that when he got his tongue cut off?

Logically, it would more sound like this:
O! Oh foef o aef awwel ah hyra!
Du hast dich zu weit vorgewagt, (Hinter diesen Mauern!) dich durch dieses Tor gewagt! (Hinter diesen Mauern!)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner