Nemelex changes feedback/whining

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 10:42

Nemelex changes feedback/whining

So lately a bunch of changes went into trunk for Nemelex and I was playing a game with Nemelex, so I want to say what I think about them because why not.

The first change is obviously making cards work on Invocations instead of Evocations. I didn't gave it much thought initially (as I should've), but it's a really big nerf. I understand why it was made, but it makes the god much weaker, especially later in the game. That's okay though, I suppose.

The other big change was a reshuffling of decks. The new decks are: deck of destruction - good in early-mid game, falls in usefulness really hard later. Hammer is gone - I guess full-LoS LCS wasn't unique enough, other single-target options aren't even comparable, Storm tends to screw melee characters positioning (though it's a cool card overall), both Pain and Storm actually summon things, despite not being in the deck of summoning. Then we have a deck of summonings, which is crazy good, and a deck of escape, which is crazy good as well. Seems pretty unbalanced. I propose making all the decks equally shit after midgame and then removing Nemelex.

Now, my thoughts on the removed cards:

• Warpwright - it was good, the fastest way to teleport with some interesting restrictions, but overall Escape is great anyway.
  • Swap - kind of a really bad card, could've been left to make blind drawing less good? Great description, though.
  • Solitude - pretty bland, yeah.
  • Banshee - another bland card I won't miss too much, though I dislike the desire to reduce the amount of effects Nemelex has.
  • Alchemist - was a pretty cool and completely ~unique~ effect.
  • Venom - PArrow was good, I guess, but again, not unique at all.
  • Water - a real shame, but I guess it's summoning nature made it unfit for the deck anyway, even if the deck doesn't follow that rule at this moment).
  • Hammer - again, I can't help but mourn that reliable heavy-hitter.
  • Potion - boring card, though suddenly getting berserk from it was funny.
  • Helm - I liked the concept of decks providing buffs, that particular one wasn't very interesting but oh well.
  • Blade - it was pretty cool and ~unique~, I will miss Wyrmbane cleaving.
  • Shadow - won't miss it personally.
  • Fortitude - see: Helm.
  • Dowsing - won't miss it.
  • Crusade - that was a really cool card, Abjuration + AoE enslavement. Good flavour and function, dunno why was it cut.
  • Repulsiveness - boring!

And the last change was that now you no longer have a chance to draw from oddities. That sucks for me, as I liked the randomness in drawing cards. I remember drawing Genie a bunch of versions ago and getting a wish... Genie was removed already, obviously, but oh well.

Tl;dr: everything is shit and I hate change.

Thankbaiting edit: still better than Pakellas.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 4
all before, Arrhythmia, dynast, nago

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 12:16

Re: Nemelex changes feedback/whining

I have not tried it, but replacing war with summoning is huge. War did nothing useful on about half the draws, but the summons were so good you spammed it anyway. The invocations thing is a bad change in my opinion, but I suspect nemelex remains top tier.
The Original Discourse Respecter

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 14:09

Please revert these changes and remove pak, i promise i will never bitch about nemelex ever again =(
You shall never see my color again.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 14:18

I would thank OP if it didn't have thankbaiting edit which worked as antithankbaiting edit for me.
Can we please leave Pakellas alone? It is not the most overpowered or the most annoying god. It is one of the most unique and even funniest (believe it or not) gods for some.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks: 2
infinitevox, Sar

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 14:58

As someone who plays Ds almost exclusively, I'm more than okay with the change from Evo --> Invo

I'm very sad to see random deck spawning go, but not as sad as I am to see Alchemist & Potion card go. I can't count the number of times those 2 cards saved my bacon.
infinitevox on akrasiac & berotato
Busy dying horrible deaths from chugging too many pots of Mutation.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 15:20

As far as I know they are still open to considering changes and balance tweaks to nem. Hopefully they decide to remove cards entirely and make it a pure invoke power.

If you ever had any good ideas for cards, this is probably the best time to bring them forward. I would like to see more card removals and some more interesting cards added, since now only nem worshippers have access to them.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 15:27

At the risk of giving a serious response to a whining thread, I had been considering keeping Alchemist over Elixir in the deck of Escape (since Elixir is less interesting and also ridiculously strong), and will probably swap them again at some point. Would want to re-implement Alchemist from scratch and rework the numbers though, the original implementation was quite messy.

Also you can still Wyrmbane cleave! You just have to be worshipping an even better god for it.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
Sar

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 16:12

At this point you can do whatever, its not like players play trunk or the latest stable release if they wanna have fun with cards anyways.
You shall never see my color again.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 17:57

...you do realize that removing oddities was a buff, right?

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 21:47

MarvinPA wrote:I had been considering keeping Alchemist over Elixir in the deck of Escape (since Elixir is less interesting and also ridiculously strong)

Well, I like Elixir as well, not in small part because it's ridiculously strong... Anyway, at least Wyrmbane cleaving is in the game in some way, and I do like Xom. Hm, Troll claws cleaving sounds fun.

duvessa wrote:...you do realize that removing oddities was a buff, right?

Uh, yes, of course?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner