POLL: Pakellas Vs. Nemelex

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Which God do you enjoy more?

Pakellas, He is the most enjoyable and/or the least bad
36%
Nemelex, He is the most enjoyable and/or the least bad
64%

Total votes : 22

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 01:33

POLL: Pakellas Vs. Nemelex

Which one is more fun for you?

No talking about power level or removal, this thread is strictly about how much you enjoy playing each of these gods.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 01:36

Re: POLL: Pakellas Vs. Nemelex

Nemelex

I don't really use any of his abilities, I just draw blind from the tops of decks, it's great fun
Spoiler: show
Psst, hey kid... you like roguelikes?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 04:24

wizzzargh wrote:Nemelex

I don't really use any of his abilities, I just draw blind from the tops of decks, it's great fun

Same I don't think it has ever gone super badly. It's just p fun.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 06:08

Nemelex does not use Evocations anymore so might as well compare Pakellas to Trog or Sif Muna or Makhleb...

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 06:17

Sar wrote:Nemelex does not use Evocations anymore so might as well compare Pakellas to Trog or Sif Muna or Makhleb...

I chose nemelex to compare pakellas to because he is apparently the closest to being removed(more so than Pak) according to dpeg.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 06:32

Features get removed when developers decide to remove them, which in turn happens either when they decide that the feature is bad for the game or when none of them is interested in supporting the feature. This has nothing to do with popularity of said feature with the players.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 15th June 2016, 06:50

Sar wrote:Features get removed when developers decide to remove them, which in turn happens either when they decide that the feature is bad for the game or when none of them is interested in supporting the feature. This has nothing to do with popularity of said feature with the players.

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. Maybe I wasn't clear though, my mistake.

Devs do what they feel they should do and will occasionally take inspiration from other players(occasionally) or will implement a coded patch if it fits with something they want added to the game. I'm not trying to change their mind using poll numbers(that is basically meme tier) I'm just curious if Nemelex(one of my favorite gods but apparently unpopular among the devs) is more liked than Pakellas(my least favorite god but apparently popular[?] with the devs).

Beyond curiosity this poll serves no purpose.

For this message the author Tiktacy has received thanks:
Sar

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner