my sif muna idea is the best

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 03:55

my sif muna idea is the best

listen,

have you ever seen someone fall out a plane? snl was making fun of that just now, on television. someone fell out of a plane, right out the escape door,is the joke. the tv is on silent, so i don`t really understand, but ow is that a joke? some escape! it got me thinking though about sif muna.

change it so that magic berserk. no cost to casting and its fast like all haste, but instead of -cast its 2.0speed casting for twice as long.

(i got to thinking about sif muna from planes because I have threats: this suggestion is under non negotiable terms, disagree and consider yourself close to the escape door,,,,)
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 12
and into, Arrhythmia, dowan, duvessa, dynast, floatboth, gammafunk, PleasingFungus, Shtopit, ydeve and 2 more users

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 15:20

Re: my sif muna idea is the best

Twelwieness aside, this suggestion gets made every so often and I think it's a good idea every time.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 16:07

It's not bad, but what would the downtime effects be? Rage has hunger, exhaustion and slow. I suppose MageRage would have to cost half of your MP to activate (normal rage doesn't cost anything, but sword swings also have no MP cost), slow you down and maybe give you a "dumbfounded" time-limited status which takes some int points away.

I like it, it would make playing spellcasters easier during the first dungeon levels. If it becomes a new divinity, I suggest calling it Magog.

Rage also stops evocables, quaffing, swapping inventory items and casting. Would this form disable all of them and substitute disabled casting with disabled swinging?

BTW this post reminded me of that Somalian terrorist who blew himself up in an aeroplane, made a hole in the wall, got sucked outside and was the only one to die. What a day.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 20:43

No, it would cause slow and exhaustion, just like regular berserk, and cost nothing except maybe hunger, just like regular berserk. The new god that allows it would just be the 'easy mode for mages only' counterpart to trog's 'easy mode for not mages'. In fact, a mirror image of trog swapped out for magic instead would be fine.

1* mage rage (magic berserk)
2* Gort's hand (gives a big AC bonus, and gives good MP regen for a duration
5* Siblings in... spells? (summons mage rage'd elves or something)

Also would give either direct spell gifts or books. Can burn weapons for piety.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 20:52

dowan wrote:No, it would cause slow and exhaustion, just like regular berserk, and cost nothing except maybe hunger, just like regular berserk. The new god that allows it would just be the 'easy mode for mages only' counterpart to trog's 'easy mode for not mages'. In fact, a mirror image of trog swapped out for magic instead would be fine.

1* mage rage (magic berserk)
2* Gort's hand (gives a big AC bonus, and gives good MP regen for a duration
5* Siblings in... spells? (summons mage rage'd elves or something)

Also would give either direct spell gifts or books. Can burn weapons for piety.

Would he disapprove of training non magic skills, or taking non magical actions?
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 22:08

He could just disprove influencing the world through non magical means. No weapons, no physical attacks, no armour or or uc skills, make weapons explode instead of burning. Allow magical staves, but no training. You can't use unenchanted robes, and anything with more than 0 encumbrance is a no go, with the exception of the faeirie dragon armour. Rage, might and agility potions are also forbidden, because they mean that you rely on your body.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
vergil

Barkeep

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 22:18

You lose piety walking, opening doors, taking stairs, etc.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 01:56

dowan wrote:Twelwieness aside, this suggestion gets made every so often and I think it's a good idea every time.

i posted this idea in 2011, surprised gammafunk or someone equally disquisting haven`t stole it yet , not even craw light took it :shock:
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 13:20

Gort should forbid training any weapon skills, but should be OK with armor. Gort dislikes training fighting, but gives an equivalent boost to HP from training spellcasting instead. Gort also gives you a special melee attack with damage based on your spellcasting skill, essentially acting as a crappy version of UC (maybe 3/4 of the scaling of UC skill). This melee attack is flavored as branded to your highest magic school, with brand damage scaling up to 50% at 27 skill in the respective school. This brand damage does not apply while in forms that convert your attack. Obviously the reason for this is to minimize tedium when slaughtering popcorn, but it would be powerful enough to use in a pinch.

Gort would just give piety on kills. Gort hates when you go berserk, but is OK with quaffing might, agil, etc. Although might wouldn't actually do anything for you except raise your STR, as your special melee attack isn't physical, so it works kind of like brilliance does for troggies.

Gort also allows you to cast under the effects of silence, but you get immediate excommunication if you use silence on purpose (read iding it once is OK, gort will block it) Gort just uses piety, no invocations.

Twelwe gets credit for the entire idea, and while I"m not sure how it would work, the best worshipper title for this god would obviously be "Pizza Tornado"

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
Queen Cassie

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 19:04

I'm loving the idea of this Gort god.

Dowan, does this mean that you would also lose piety if you equipped anything with *Rage? Or I guess, if they're against weapon use in general, then perhaps that could be a penance action.

I don't think Gort should dislike wearing unenchanted robes, because unless Gort provides one immediately, that's pretty unfair since in some games you can go most of the Lair before you see one.

Also, I want to say that Mage Rage should actually be something referring to an extreme form of meditation. Ultrafocused, or something like that. Just for the flavor differential from berserk.

Lastly I feel like the allies one should maybe be Sorceress Sisters. Because I like the alliteration and it strikes a nice opposing chord to Brothers in Arms.

Re penance/wrath:

Gort occasionally inflicts you with -Cast, lasting a number of auts (maybe some kind of formula based on your Spellcasting skill/other mage skills? Inflicting damage equal to the level of your power.)

Gort summons Ultrafocused Sorcess Sisters, in packs of 3-8, usually strong spellcasters like the higher level Elves, Tengu Reavers, maybe some Draconian casters. Stuff like that. The same kind of stuff you'd get from using the skill.

Gort occasionally drains all of your MP, or inflicts you with a negative MP regen effect that causes you to drain very quickly while it lasts (and it lasts for a while, like 200 auts or something like that) One of those two options.

I think that's all they need for their wrath, really, given the simplicity.

But maybe they should also gift items? Not spellbooks, because that's Sif Muna's gig, but maybe robes and staves? Stuff for enhancing magical abilities.
Wins: MiFi(6,15), MiBe(11), SpEn(11), DDHu(3), GrEE(3), GnEE(6), VpEn(15)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 19:21

I'm trying to work, "Klaatu barada nikto" i here somewhere but I've got nuthin'
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 19:53

MainiacJoe wrote:I'm trying to work, "Klaatu barada nikto" i here somewhere but I've got nuthin'

I think that'd be more of a Kiku thing anyway. Gort here is a generalist and doesn't care what spells you use, so long as you're using them.
Wins: MiFi(6,15), MiBe(11), SpEn(11), DDHu(3), GrEE(3), GnEE(6), VpEn(15)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 16:21

This isn't the first time 'gort' has been proposed, and it's not really much different, so don't get your hopes up... Plus his name definitely can't be gort, because gozag stole G already. (This wasn't the case when gort was first proposed)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner