Strange High Score on CAO

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 13th May 2016, 17:21

Strange High Score on CAO

Does anyone know how this losing game got the all-time high score on CAO?

https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/edsrzf/morgue-edsrzf-20160320-213950.txt

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 13th May 2016, 17:40

Re: Strange High Score on CAO

CPO sometimes randomly applies meatsprint scoring (score = turncount * 100000) to normal games for some reason (as far as I understand it the general problem is related to the vault cache not being cleared correctly, so it could apply with other sprints with custom scoring functions too but meatsprint is the one that's noticeable). It'll presumably go away whenever scoring is next rebuilt.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
ManMan

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 13th May 2016, 17:42

If only it would give out the axe of woe on occasion.
Comborobin Admin

For this message the author xentronium has received thanks: 4
nago, runewalsh, Sar, WingedEspeon

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 13th May 2016, 21:51

MarvinPA wrote:CPO sometimes randomly applies meatsprint scoring (score = turncount * 100000) to normal games for some reason (as far as I understand it the general problem is related to the vault cache not being cleared correctly, so it could apply with other sprints with custom scoring functions too but meatsprint is the one that's noticeable). It'll presumably go away whenever scoring is next rebuilt.

I added some asserts after that score was added, so the game should crash now rather than saving/scoring in those cases. (It's because CPO upgrades versions of the game in-place, so the files get replaced while the game is still running, which is not something it was built to handle!)

EDIT: i am informed that this post is wrong, and also that i am a 'smelly poopy-head' (paraphrased). we apologize for the error

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner