Is there a way to find Fannar's old lore?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 8th April 2016, 22:32

Is there a way to find Fannar's old lore?

I really liked the big sob story about how he tried to keep the elves away from dark magic and ended up insane for it. I was quite sad when I lost it, but not really bothered, but now I can't find it at all. Does someone have the story or a link to where I can find it?

Also, were any other major changes to monster lore made? Not necessarily by removing/adding piles of text, but changes that were "plot"-relevant in general.

For this message the author Halo has received thanks: 2
runewalsh, scorpionwarrior

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th April 2016, 23:26

Re: Is there a way to find Fannar's old lore?

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/ee0f5a453e78

the most major change is when they gave me back my natural hair colour

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Halo

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 10th April 2016, 15:33

Travel up and through the snow-cloaked mountains of Koanór and down into the valley of the snakes. There you fill find an aged cottage and its crippled elderly owner: a man going by the name of Galgenmänn. Hand him the bag of Ballistomycete spores that I will have given you and he will tell you the tale of frozen one. But beware, the man is a evil shape-shifter in disguise and will steal your soul if you do not whisper his name three times before dusk. Remember the name Galgenmänn.
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 11th April 2016, 18:09

Halo wrote:Also, were any other major changes to monster lore made? Not necessarily by removing/adding piles of text, but changes that were "plot"-relevant in general.

Wiglaf for a while had a description that referenced the removal of mountain dwarves. Between "stupid-looking hat" and "reeks of alcohol":
[*] "He's here to prove his worth to Okawaru by avenging his kin, the Mountain Dwarves, who were driven away from their lands by orcs and others, some of whom look just like you."

There was a bit of copy-editing before the 0.10 release:
[*] "In Okawaru's name, he's here to avenge his mountain dwarf kin, who were driven from their lands by hill orcs and others. From the way he looks at you, he also seems to hold you responsible."

But in 0.11 that was changed to instead refer to a terribly burned hand (which might have been a reference to Xtahua?):
[*]"There is something odd to his unsteady walk, as if this unprobable rotund person was accustomed to motion more swift than that of a drunken dwarf. His right hand is badly burned; judging from the extent of the injury it must've been something big that caused it."

Then that was removed in 0.12 and we were back to the original:
[*]"A fat dwarf wearing a stupid-looking hat. He reeks of alcohol."

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 11th April 2016, 19:47

Looks like the majority of the current lore was added at that commit.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 11th April 2016, 20:39

neil wrote:Then that was removed in 0.12 and we were back to the original:
[*]"A fat dwarf wearing a stupid-looking hat. He reeks of alcohol."

some of those descriptions added in .12 are good but in this case... less is more

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 14th April 2016, 05:06

To be fair, that is probably the best possible description of ol' Wiggles.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner