No more race restrictions on weapons

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 27th March 2016, 00:56

No more race restrictions on weapons

Let every non-Fe race wield every weapon. Yes, I mean Sp with GSC. Just bear with me.

It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to be balanced. Here's how I'd do it:

All one-handed weapons are now one-handed for all creatures. All two-handed weapons are now two-handed for all creatures. Obviously doesn't apply to Fo, but at least ants are already consistent. Yes, this means glorious double sword in one hand for a Spriggan. Seriously, who came up with that restriction? Shields are awesome and being locked out of them just because you're a Lbl spriggan is stupid as hell.

Each weapon has a size.

1 (Spriggan): Daggers, short swords, quickblades, rapiers, falcions, whips, clubs, rods, maces, flails, hand axes, war axes, spears, lances, hunting slings, blowguns, bows, hand crossbows and arbalests.

2 (Kobold): Longswords, scimitars, (eu)demon blades, katanas, morningstars, eveningstars, broad axes, tridents, staves, quarterstaves, greatslings and triple crossbows.

3 (Human): Double swords, great swords, triple swords, dire flails, great maces, battleaxes, executioner's axes, halberds, glaives, bardiches, lajatangs, longbows.

4 (Ogre): Giant clubs, giant spiked clubs.

When attacking with a weapon of greater size than you are, add ((Weapon_size)^2-(Your_size)^2)/2 auts of delay to the base delay of the attack. This means a Spriggan wielding a Giant spiked club with 0 M&F would swing with a delay of 19+7.5 auts. A Spriggan wielding the same club at 27 M&F would have a delay of 1.3.

A Minotaur with a GSC at 27 M&F mindelays a 0.9. A Kobold mindelays a 1.15.

A Spriggan mindelays a longbow at 27 Bows at a delay of 0.75.

This also means Spriggans with lajatangs are significantly nerfed (as they'd mindelay a Laj at 22 Staves), but who cares? They get other weapons.

I'll submit another proposal about how there are no randart magic staves to fix this.

For this message the author Hurricos has received thanks: 2
Airwolf, ydeve

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 27th March 2016, 20:25

Re: No more race restrictions on weapons

I don't know if it effects your math at all, but presently naga and centaurs have a size between human and ogre.

You also don't mention shield skill or protection value at all, which might or might not be relevant.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner