Limited Time Weapons - Available Now!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 17th April 2016, 19:11

Limited Time Weapons - Available Now!

Here's a wild idea which someone else probably brought up, but I'm curious for input now.

It is a class of randart with a curious enchantment: imbued with incredible powers, it maintains its integrity for only a short while once it has been wielded by an owner.
Disposable weapons, in a nutshell. The kicker is that they decay a certain number of turns following the wielding, regardless of what actions are performed during those turns. Much like a consumable buff, but inherent with a certain weapon.

For this message the author Can-ned Food has received thanks:
Sagrath01

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 17th April 2016, 19:25

Re: Limited Time Weapons - Available Now!

Can-ned Food wrote:Here's a wild idea which someone else probably brought up, but I'm curious for input now.

It is a class of randart with a curious enchantment: imbued with incredible powers, it maintains its integrity for only a short while once it has been wielded by an owner.
Disposable weapons, in a nutshell. The kicker is that they decay a certain number of turns following the wielding, regardless of what actions are performed during those turns. Much like a consumable buff, but inherent with a certain weapon.

Sounds like a potion of might, except I would actually use a potion of might. They'd be useless if they're not in the weapon class that you're trained in, and unlike randart weapons, an amazing disposable weapon isn't enough to make me decide to train for it, and have it take up an entire inventory slot for one combat. We also already have fragile weapons, which fulfill essentially the same concept, but in a way that is actually potentially interesting.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 17th April 2016, 19:37

Re: Limited Time Weapons - Available Now!

was hoping for a link to a cool website hope i`m not alone here........
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 3
dracos369, dynast, PleasingFungus

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner