Shadow Giant (race)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 18:49

Shadow Giant (race)

Ice Giant's Cave Dwelling Cousin. Also known as a Grue.

Weirdness/Mutations
  • Racial Nightstalker (Unlike Ds version which has three levels gained at various levels, this version gives the same LoS reduction as level 3 immediately, while the stealth bonus varies with level. (As much stealth as 4 rings of stealth on D:1 would be pretty broken)).
  • Huge Size (You are as huge as a Dragon or Giant). (Being larger than an Ogre gives you a worse dodging penalty (base EV is 2 instead of 6 and you have a harder time getting EV than any other race), but the ability to use some 2H weapons 1H (dire flails, battle axes and great swords are one handed) (You obviously also have all abilities Ogres do (same armour slots, can use GCs and GSCs; can throw large rocks))).
  • Giant's Bite (Base 1 + XL/3 aux attack).
  • Devour (You may eat enemies whole in melee, healing nutrition and giving some (small) healing).
  • Daze (Lightsources cause vertigo (-Accuracy during halo, sticky flame, and corona, also small duration burst after being hit with fire without rF+)).
  • Innate Resistances (rF- rC+ rN+)
  • Carnivore

Stats:
STR (10) INT (8) DEX (10); Gain one (STR/INT/DEX) every (3) levels.

God-Restrictions:
You cannot worship the shining one. (You hate the light).

Apts:
  Code:
SG: Fighting: 1, Short: -2, Long: -1, Axes: 2!, Maces: 1, Polearms: 1, Staves: 2!, Slings: 1, Bows: -1, Xbows: -1, Throw: -1*, Armour: -1, Dodge: -1, Stealth: 3, Shields: -1, UC: -1, Splcast: 1, Conj: 1, Hexes: 1, Charms: 1, Summ: 1, Nec: 1, Tloc: 1, Tmut: 1, Fire: -3*, Ice: 2!, Air: 0, Earth: 1, Poison: 1, Inv: -1, Evo: -1, Exp: -2*, HP: 5!, MP: 1

(Yes (Lasty) I am shilling for a parenthesis distributor).
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 19:07

Re: Shadow Giant (race)

bcadren wrote:Ice Giant's Cave Dwelling Cousin. Also known as a Grue.

Weirdness/Mutations
  • Racial Nightstalker (Unlike Ds version which has three levels gained at various levels, this version gives the same LoS reduction as level 3 immediately, while the stealth bonus varies with level. (As much stealth as 4 rings of stealth on D:1 would be pretty broken)).
  • Huge Size (You are as huge as a Dragon or Giant). (Being larger than an Ogre gives you a worse dodging penalty (base EV is 2 instead of 6 and you have a harder time getting EV than any other race), but the ability to use some 2H weapons 1H (dire flails, battle axes and great swords are one handed) (You obviously also have all abilities Ogres do (same armour slots, can use GCs and GSCs; can throw large rocks))).
  • Giant's Bite (Base 1 + XL/3 aux attack).
  • Devour (You may eat enemies whole in melee, healing nutrition and giving some (small) healing).
  • Daze (Lightsources cause vertigo (-Accuracy during halo, sticky flame, and corona, also small duration burst after being hit with fire without rF+)).
  • Innate Resistances (rF- rC+ rN+)
  • Carnivore

Stats:
STR (10) INT (8) DEX (10); Gain one (STR/INT/DEX) every (3) levels.

God-Restrictions:
You cannot worship the shining one. (You hate the light).

Apts:
  Code:
SG: Fighting: 1, Short: -2, Long: -1, Axes: 2!, Maces: 1, Polearms: 1, Staves: 2!, Slings: 1, Bows: -1, Xbows: -1, Throw: -1*, Armour: -1, Dodge: -1, Stealth: 3, Shields: -1, UC: -1, Splcast: 1, Conj: 1, Hexes: 1, Charms: 1, Summ: 1, Nec: 1, Tloc: 1, Tmut: 1, Fire: -3*, Ice: 2!, Air: 0, Earth: 1, Poison: 1, Inv: -1, Evo: -1, Exp: -2*, HP: 5!, MP: 1

(Yes (Lasty) I am shilling for a parenthesis distributor).

I like the idea of a stealthy giant so much
Formicid Lyfe

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 20:05

To expound on my thought process a bit; this is combining three things I want to see exist.

1. A large race that is magic affine (by large standards; Human-tier Int with good spellcasting apts is tengu-tier "good with magic" which is significantly below HE or DE with their way above average int); I also think when talking about "large race that's magic affine" people tend to actually mean "large race that's versatile", both Ogre and Troll seem like fairly extreme one-trick ponies (most uneven of uneven apts) while this guy is close to even on most things. If it's too much (apts are too good) dropping as far as an average of -1 would be fine by me, just not Mu or Og tier (Yes some people love Ogres and ogres have 3! Fighting and Maces, but most their apts are -3*; this is specifically avoiding being uneven at least to that level [notice I made most magic apts 1 instead of all over the place from 3! to -2* like Tengu and DE.])

2. A race that has nightstalker by default. I think a lot of people want to see more of this without scumming Ds for it.

3. A "giant" as opposed to merely "large" race. Higher HP than Og, but worse dodging (base size, not [necessarily] apt), taking this to the extreme. Honestly I think the extremeness of their dodging will make their defenses among the worst early even with the 1.5x HP, but it'd be interesting. I mean start in a robe with like 2 AC and 3 EV. YOUCH.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 20:52

i would like to play this actually

but call it a grue by default imo

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 21:53

Definitely call it a grue. Looks like a great race to play with Kikubaaqudgha + Sublimation.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th March 2016, 21:54

bcadren wrote:To expound on my thought process a bit; this is combining three things I want to see exist.

1. A large race that is magic affine (by large standards; Human-tier Int with good spellcasting apts is tengu-tier "good with magic" which is significantly below HE or DE with their way above average int); I also think when talking about "large race that's magic affine" people tend to actually mean "large race that's versatile", both Ogre and Troll seem like fairly extreme one-trick ponies (most uneven of uneven apts) while this guy is close to even on most things. If it's too much (apts are too good) dropping as far as an average of -1 would be fine by me, just not Mu or Og tier (Yes some people love Ogres and ogres have 3! Fighting and Maces, but most their apts are -3*; this is specifically avoiding being uneven at least to that level [notice I made most magic apts 1 instead of all over the place from 3! to -2* like Tengu and DE.])

2. A race that has nightstalker by default. I think a lot of people want to see more of this without scumming Ds for it.

3. A "giant" as opposed to merely "large" race. Higher HP than Og, but worse dodging (base size, not [necessarily] apt), taking this to the extreme. Honestly I think the extremeness of their dodging will make their defenses among the worst early even with the 1.5x HP, but it'd be interesting. I mean start in a robe with like 2 AC and 3 EV. YOUCH.

Also imagine a Tm. Easy cap 100hp by d:10... As a spider.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2016, 07:20

bcadren wrote: A "giant" as opposed to merely "large" race.

Code:
..###
.@...
..###

This passage is too tight for you to fit through!

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2016, 11:11

Rather than giving weird nightstalker, with gated stealth bonuses but the full LoS from XL1, just normal levels of nightstalker at 1,7,14 or something.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2016, 22:32

Really, though ... can someone implement this? I really want to play a race like this.

... Dragon Form + Sublimation ... hnnng.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner